Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if will end up having control issues or other issues with the 44mm Tial waste gates plumbed in the correct position, I'm running twin s480s, 408in BBC blow through carb for now. Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance YB

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Kev! sell them and get 60mm's. From what I've heard and read your 44's will be too small............Orrrrrrr just run them and have fun this year, and worry about them next year! Soccer:

lol Mike :partyman:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
To small ... We had to run two 44mm gates on a single 91mm for a sbc I'm with robert get a pair of 60's
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
972 Posts
Kev I had a sigle 42mm racegate on my s475 and could not keep the boost below 15 pounds even when using the 3 pound spring. Now that I have the 60mm JGS on my s480 I had 7 pounds with the heaviest spring!

You are going to need at least a 50mm gate on those 80's but I would use the 60mm JGS's mine is awesome!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
A pair of 50mm or 60mm JGS will work as well easily. We carry them if you need them.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
we're runnin a pair of cheap ass ebay 50mm gates on a twin s475, twin a2w blowthru 496bbc in the dragboat and can turn the boost down to 2lbs , have turned it up to 32lbs but didn't try for anymore than that(it scared us! lol).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is kinda what i expected to hear, the company that I bought the turbos from spec. it out for me, he said 2 44s w/g and 2 50s bovs so thats what I bought, oh well that was a few years ago now and i'm finally at the point where I should do something about these wastegates, its a shame now I have 2 brand new, never ran 44mm Tial w/g's that I'll have to sell to help pay for the new bigger ones, sucks that I already had the v band ring welded and set up, I guess they can be reused.

Thanks everyone for your input.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i tried that same combo with twin 44's and with a 5 lb spring wouldnt go below about 16 lbs of boost. so basically the 44 didnt work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts