Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Headers were a tight fit over the frame and under the motor plate. I'm sure the stainless works would have been easier, I just prefer the downswept design so I built my own.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I love that car! First time I ever saw it was the spring ORSCA race at Huntsville in 07 or 08, such a bad ass ride man!
Thank you for the pictures, since we are just trying to build a little budget street car I think I'm gunna try the stainless works ones.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Man I love that car! First time I ever saw it was the spring ORSCA race at Huntsville in 07 or 08, such a bad ass ride man!
Thank you for the pictures, since we are just trying to build a little budget street car I think I'm gunna try the stainless works ones.
Thanks.

Not sure what kind of power you want but I wouldn't be scared of some cast iron manifolds to make alot of power in a street car. The stainless works stuff is priced right for what you get. I just like the plug access and looks of the downswept stuff.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Thanks.

Not sure what kind of power you want but I wouldn't be scared of some cast iron manifolds to make alot of power in a street car. The stainless works stuff is priced right for what you get. I just like the plug access and looks of the downswept stuff.
You mean that's not a street car:p

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should actually look at the manifolds, the motor my cousin just got is complete from a truck so maybe I'll see what I can do with those first.
Probably building something like a 496 with a single 94 or 101, try to make 1,000... It's a stock block iron head deal so I'm not sure what we can do yet.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
You mean that's not a street car:p
No radiator now so it would have to be a real short drive. And the intercooler makes it hard for the booster seat to work well with the kids:)

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I should actually look at the manifolds, the motor my cousin just got is complete from a truck so maybe I'll see what I can do with those first.
Probably building something like a 496 with a single 94 or 101, try to make 1,000... It's a stock block iron head deal so I'm not sure what we can do yet.
I bet manifolds would easily make 1000. The 94 will be fine too, just put a 1.50 a/r on it. I ran a 94mm on mine for a while.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice ,I am getting ready to start my turbo build in my 80 .Seeing this make me even more excited to get started!Thanks for the pics !

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
what size motor Dustin and how much did it make? i remember seeing your car at the buick nats in 2006?

Cody
531ci. 4 x 4.600 It was a small block back then.

It's making around 2000hp right now. Enough to run 152 in the 1/8 at 3400# on it's 3rd pass with the 114mm at 21psi. Turned it up to 28# but the 10 point cage just isn't enough for the power. Car is to unpredictable at that power level. Fuel calcs at 28# say 2200hp. Currently upgrading chassis.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Bet a set of stepped log manifolds made from schedule 10 stainless would rock on a combo like that. Mainly because I'm building the same motor combo and that's what I'm gonna use. Heh

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
What motor mounts do u have to make it fit with the stock hood? What Intake? I'm on my phone and can't really see.
I used engine plates front and rear to get the engine as low as I could with the stock frame. 9.8 deck with the edelbrock super victor intake and Pro-line plenum. My hood is a fiber glass GN hood and the plenum sits up in the recess for the GN hood bulge with about 2 inches of clearance. If the factory frame between the control arms is cut out and replaced with tubing you could go another couple inches lower. I did everything I needed to do to keep from putting a cowl hood on it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts