Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes off the shelf BBC turbo down and forward headers to suit a 1st gen camaro without any need to rework for clearance??

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Have you checked Stainless Works??

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked Stainless Works??
Yep, when I called them they said they "should work" but couldn't guarantee it.

I have read of people modifying the primaries to suit a stock subframe but haven't seen any pics to see how much rework is required.

Mine has a smith racecraft front end so i should have more clearance than a stock subframe.

·
Registered
595 Posts
i dont think there will be enough room to do down and forward without being custom. I have a smith racecraft clip and it would have been very tight around the steering shaft. I went up/forward and will post some pics so you can see how they sit right over top the upper control arm.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics.
Nice setup.

Can you access the plugs from the top?

I currently have up and forward headers and can only access plugs from underneath.
Sux checking plugs at the track

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm building a set of down and forwards for a smith racecraft front now and it's tight getting passed the tubes for the lower control arms, I rolled my rack down to get the clearance through there. I'm going to guess that anything off the shelf will have clearance issues of some sort.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm building a set of down and forwards for a smith racecraft front now and it's tight getting passed the tubes for the lower control arms, I rolled my rack down to get the clearance through there. I'm going to guess that anything off the shelf will have clearance issues of some sort.
any pics of your setup?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Went back and forth with a customer earlier this year trying to down & forward headers with a Smith front end. Spent a bunch of time designing them and going back and forth with prints. After a bunch of back and forth measuring and design changes we didn't feel comfortable with them clearing. Built him some up and forwards and called it a day

·
Registered
89 Posts
There really isn't a lot of room, I might even redo the motor plate mounts just so I'm not notching the plate so close to the mounting holes. I can also do away with those stupid aluminum spacers at the same time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
what headers are these? Do you have anymore pics? Looking to possibly go this way with mine
they are jardine, but i switched from a 10.2 deck to a 9.8deck and now the front exhaust port interferes with the upper control arm on the smith racecraft.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts