Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body ever hurt the thrust bearing on a motor by putting the converter in wrong, bent the flexplat a tad and broke the trans oil pump gears when this happened. rebuilt trans and put it all back together with new motor, ran great for 15 minutes on jackstands. i shut it off and came back later and started motor only to hear a loud as hell screach from trans or motor, in drive gears no noise only in nuetral and park is it noisy , i thought it was the trans so i pulled it and just bolted the converter to the flexplate and it still made noise though not as loud. no chucks on drain plug magnet just a fine bit of metal nothing alarming since the motor had maybe 10-15 minutes run time.

any thoughts? joel

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
motor was never run when converter was installed wrong, i caught the problem when i attempted to bolt up the converter.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Wow!
Never heard of this before.

Was the converter all the way in the trans when it was installed ?

There should be about a 3/16-1/4" gap from the mounting pads of the conv to the flexplate, with the conv installed all the way in the trans.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IM STARTING TO BELIVE THAT THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS ACTUALLY THE CRANK SCRAPER RUBBING THE CRANK ( I HOPE) MOTOR MAKES A TERRIBLE SCREACHING NOISE ONLY IN PARK AND NUETRAL. HAD .008 ENDPAY UPON ASSEMBLY, MADE NO NOISE FOR FIRST TEN MINUTES OF RUNTIME, HAS 50# OIL PREURE AT IDLE. I LET IT HEATSOAK FOR A WHILE THEN RESTARTED IT AND IT HAS NOISE SIMILAR TO HITTING THE SQUEALERS ON A WORN OUT SET OF BRAKE PADS, I HOPE TO PULL THE MOTOR OUT AND APART IN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS OR SO, SPARE TIME IS AT A MINIMUM THESE DAYS.

JOEL

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Hope it is that simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts