Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what stall speed would you guys recomend for my combo it is a 69 chevelle with a 496 bbc f1 procharger making about 1000 on the motor base on best et and mile per hour. 355 gears 28 inch tires. no trans brake mainly street car but i do take her to the track. car weights close to 4000

·
Super Moderator
19,478 Posts
I would think you could get a very tight 9" which would behave nicely on the street and still stall close to 4500 at the track without too much trouble. Im sure some of the converter experts will offer their opinions shortly.

Hutch

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have had sucess with quite a few similar combos. With the engine combo, the F1 and especialy the vehicle weight that you have, I believe a 10" race converter will give you the stall you need at the track, and will have good street manners. The rest of the details and specs on your engine will be needed to get it spot on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had sucess with quite a few similar combos. With the engine combo, the F1 and especialy the vehicle weight that you have, I believe a 10" race converter will give you the stall you need at the track, and will have good street manners. The rest of the details and specs on your engine will be needed to get it spot on.

it is a 496 bbc with a f1c procharger about 14 pounds off boost 3.55 gears 28 inch tire making about 1000 on the motor base on best pass time and mille and hour. dont know what other info you need to be able to help me out? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts