Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to mate an Edelbrock victor ram 7075 manifold on a 10.2 deck block with dart pro 1 325's. I have custom cut .065 Felpro gaskets glued to both sides of the spacers and also one on the manifold. The manifold still sits way low in the valley with nearly an 1/8 gap on the valley wall spacer. Is it common to continue to stack gaskets until the ports align? Are there thicker spacers out there? I dont believe the heads have a intake port raised from standard location and the manifold has not been milled.... Seems pretty hooky to stack so much stuff in there.

·
TD 3550
2,873 Posts
You are doing a 9.8 intake on a 10.2 deck?. Yes i have seen them doubled up. 120's. I have a friend with that manifold that is a 10.2. . Tried it on my 598 and 632 10.2. I went back to a single. After doing some extensive inquiries on the intake, the volumes are way off. Extensive work was needed for the intake to work properly with my BMF 385 heads.. I just didn't want to invest the 1500 on the manifold.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

I am in almost the same boat, the ports in the manifold are bigger than the heads and rather than port them to match I would like to swap to a dart tall deck ram but my current one is all set up for methanol mfi and the cost to buy the manifold and swap everything over wouldn't be worth the benefits.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have used manifolds that are bigger than heads many times.Rather that way than smaller than heads.The opening in heads will regulate where the charge goes anyways.Open gasket to manifold size and make sure gasket not blocking port and go.

·
Registered
671 Posts
People way over think getting ports lined up exact.Gasket hanging in opening knocks charge down both directions. That's worse case scenario imo.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I am pretty sure I have a set of spacers that were ported to 1275 or so attached to a set of heads I can pull off for you if it helps you? I can measure the thickness of them. It was for 10.2 running a 9.8 manifold.

·
I kill parts
9,957 Posts
We've run regular .062 thick gaskets on both sides of the spacers, run one side with a .120 and in some cases run .120's all around. Lots of variables on block deck, head gasket thickness, head milling/angle, etc.

As-cast that manifold was a big restriction for us on a 588-600ci combo, even extensively ported. Far too long of runner and too little plenum; we actual watched air swirl UP out of the venturi's on the dyno at 6k-6200 rpm...o_O. Tried anti-reversion plates and they helped visually but didn't change the power much. - Went searching for a different manifold and found most all the cast conventional tunnel rams to be similar runner length and plenum size; the Profiler seemingly slightly better on the plenum size but still a lot of runner. Ended up cutting 3.5" out of the runner and adding 2.5" of height to the plenum(thusly 1" shorter than stock over-all). Significant gain in both peak and average power on the dyno(30+ on both). .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts