Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched, and e-mailed March, Billet Specialties, CVF Racing, Moroso, etc... and can't find a setup to accommodate an Electric Water Pump with Alternator and Power Steering on a Tall Deck BBC.

March states they only have accommodations for Long Water Pump, Moroso stated they could get the Alternator mounted, but would be driven off Mandrel---and I've never dealt with that, so have no clue what is involved.

Has anyone found that magic kit or list of various Part numbers to make it work? I don't really care if it is a low or mid-mount, just want Alternator on passenger side and PS on Drivers side.

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction you may have.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks, I'll give both places a call...I've read alan grove has reasonably priced items, but needed modification to work with tall deck...but some of the posts are from 2011 and 2012.

I'll also contact GZ Motorsports as recommended to see if theirs are compatible as well.

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
I went through the same thing a couple of months ago, though I don't have power steering. Couldn't find anything. I finally gave up and bought a short Weiand aluminum pump. Low mount didn't appear to be an option on my '57 Chevy's stock frame. Going to use stock brackets from a tall deck dump truck motor.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had the same problem but for a small block with the electric water pump and a blower. I ended up using the March brackets for the location that I wanted, and modified the brackets, or built new stand offs to make it work.
Brian

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I used the March Big Block kit and just had to drill and tap the mount for the Alternator. One thing is that it does go into the water jacket but some sealant and I have never had it leak.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice...I am following up now. Very nice looking motor BTW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts