Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me an idea on what idle characteristics (mild, fair, rough, etc.) and if it's a decent performance cam for the following cam specs in a 12:1 BBC 427 that is a street car with a 4 speed and power disc brakes? it is brand new and i can buy it very reasonably if it will be something i can use;

bbc solid roller
advertised duration; 287-Int / 292-Exh
duration @ .050; 251-Int / 255-Exh
lift; .630-Int / .630-Exh
lobe seperation; 108-Int / 112+4-Exh

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
It should have a fair to rough idle and not a whole lot of vacum for power brakes. I'm NO cam guru, I'm just going by whats in my bbc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he was telling me the lobe seperation on the exhaust side of 112+4 will help quite a bit on the vacuum part.....and worse case scenerio is i could use a vacuum canister or an electrical vacuum pump, but i was wondering if anyone has used a cam similiar to this and if it had a decent or racy idle......Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
My father has a cam with numbers very similar to yours in his daily driven 427 BBC. His cam is also on a 108 LSA and it sounds very trashy. He is running manual brakes so I cannot comment on vacuum aspect of it, but I would be willing to bet you will need an additional vacuum resevoir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts