Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closed chamber 206 heads std size 3/8” stems.
454 with hyd roller 242 [email protected] .621 .616 150 lbs seat 450 lbs open street engine(will be built with left over parts I have laying around). A fun engine on a tight budget.
What stainless valves should I buy?
Will ferrera 5000 be enough or Do I need 6000?
Anyone using Gaterman?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Experience with competition products house brand? They said made in Argentina and would work excellent with my combination.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Manley stainless valves are a nice replacement as well...

Nick
You'll be hard pressed to find a better stainless for the money than these valves. Include the "Pro Flow" feature and might even pick up a smidge of air.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldnt find rev in std size and 3/8” stem.
Yes know all Stainless valves are foreign Israel, india, china, Brazil, Argentina etc. Heard some of the best comes from Argentina? The competition products have a tempting price and they said price is low because of quantity they buy and good enough quality for my application.

I have also looked at Manley race flo and ferrea but since its budget the competition product valves caught my attention.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Some, if not all, Ferrea valves are made in Arg. I have used many sets of the 5000 series with no problems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some, if not all, Ferrea valves are made in Arg. I have used many sets of the 5000 series with no problems.
Yes ferrea is made in Argentina. Will 5000 serie work with what I plan thats the question or do I need 6000 series?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think the 6000 series will withstand more heat, such as turbo/nitrous engines, but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Contacted ferrea and usually they recomend 6000 for hyd rollers but with my pressures and 6500 rpm Max 5000 will work I was told.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts