Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Hmm, I click on the link and it say's that I'm not worthy ....

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
not sure if the pushrod oil will be effected too much, but 16 leaks like that I would think will surely be a problem

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really is only on the intake ,so 8 are a lil uncovered and the rest are almost exposed . With .020 lash i would imagine they will "bounce" out even further .

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
When you think of how much time it actually spends at max lift during the whole rotation of the lobe, looks miniscule.... It looks like it's ran already, any issues?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you think of how much time it actually spends at max lift during the whole rotation of the lobe, looks miniscule.... It looks like it's ran already, any issues?
i bought the cam and lifters used from a buddy ,he said he never noticed the issue , then again it was ran in an older block, so not sure how much of a difference there is in the two blocks lifter bore heights .

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mean if the hole is not exposed like on the drivers side (probably do to cam position in the tunnel) the holes are completely covered . if you dont notice would you actually check ? and what if it was ran not knowing the actual distance to when the push-rod oil holes are exposed ,lash i would think would uncover them completely at a decent rpm ? just saying is i wonder how many motors are living with the hole completely exposed at full rpm and no one checked to see .

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
NEVER RUN IT LIKE THAT.,

THE CAM NEEDS TO HAVE A SHORTER LENGTH LIFTER ,

as measured from underside of roller to the hole...

every maker of lifters make this height different.

or get a camshaft that has a slightly smaller base circle...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems that all manufactures have the same oil feed hole positions and distance from the roller axle , my base circle is the culprit , it is about 1.207 ,, alil big for what iam doing in this block i suppose . I have been on the phone with everyone and all the lifters for a bbc are pretty close if not the same in distance . iam gonna try small block style tomorrow and see what i can come up with , the body itself looks shorter, same diameter .

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well considering every manufacturers lifter has been the same measurement from the oil hole to the wheel outter radius including small block chevy , i can only base it off the pattern of information i have recieved , also the oil "groove" is shitting off the oil galley at full lift so iam pretty sure the base circle is too big by about .070 thousands

·
Registered
14,896 Posts
I would not be too excited about running a used cam and lifters in a different block myself.

However, if you are ok with that and if the base circle was OK for the app why not bush the lifter bores?

Definitely would not want to spend the money on a new set of lifters for a used cam with the wrong base circle.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does this engine have standard diameter cam bearing journals? Regards, Chase
Yes stock cam journals

I would not be too excited about running a used cam and lifters in a different block myself.

However, if you are ok with that and if the base circle was OK for the app why not bush the lifter bores?

Definitely would not want to spend the money on a new set of lifters for a used cam with the wrong base circle.
The lifter body on these lifters are shutting off the oil galley

·
slams revolving doors
3,854 Posts
I believe you might be better without his help.
That looks wrong to me. I would check the bottom side of lifter and see if it would leak there to. It might open the oil feed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts