Yellow Bullet Forums banner

BBC Intakes

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Deadon 
#1 ·
I need a Intake Manifold recommendation, I have a street and strip .070 over 427 BBC, Liberty Oval port heads, 305cc intake runner, 650 lift Howards hyd roller, and a 850 holley. The holley is an older one with annular boosters, 4 corner idle and it doesn't have changeable air bleeds. It was a new carb that a guy had for several years but never put on. Also, would it be worth while to change to a different carb or main body? I've heard down leg boosters anr better and doesn't hinder cfm so I'm open to suggestions. Compression comes out just shy of 11 to 1. The Speedmaster intake looks good but I've heard some bad reviews on them. I seen where the Weiand Stealth is made in china so you don't know what to buy anymore..

#2 ·
With ovals get an Air Gap. I've got a very similar set up. 11:1 509 .670 cam and I run an air gap with an old worked over 750 that flows almost 900. on Brodix ovals. All works great together. I ran an old Stealth for a while and I like the air gap better. The stealth gave away the power below 4500 then they were the same above that. Get someone to rework your carb, change the boosters, and drill it for adjustable bleeds and you'll be a happy camper... or sell that one and get a BLP carb and never look back. It only hurts when you write the check!

#9 ·
One thing not mentioned is what is your intended usage of this car? Strip only? Street/Strip or mainly street with a few blasts at the track a couple times a year? If its strip only with a 4000 or higher stall then go single plane. If it's the others then you would be much better off with the RPM Airgap. The Team G will KILL low-end off idle drive ability where as the RPM Airgap will do great down low and still handle 7k rpm shifts.

#10 ·
Victor Jr. will rpm better. 7500

RPM is good for 6500

Can you post the cam specks, car weight and drive train. I have used both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.