Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a set of Dart 360's for my new 525 short. Was wondering what intake would be a better choice. I have a 2927 Sup Vic already prof ported to a 1275 gasket but the guy with the heads im gettting has a Brodix int that was port matched to the heads. It wouldnt take much to have my Eddy int matched up but just wondering if one is better than the other. Also either one will be plumbed with a single fogger. Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I would do some measuring in the csa, runner size, plenum and port entrances. Judgeing by the fact that you have a 525 inch shortblock using Dart 360's, I am going to say this engine will want alot of rpm, and you will need a manifold big enough to feed it at those rpms. You may need to do a back to back once you sort out the combination, and I would do it on the dyno if you plan on going that route which is recommended once it is put together. Which Brodix intake is it? Was it just gasket matched? If so, and the Super Vic was fully ported, I would lean more towards that intake as it is an excellent intake to start, and if it was fully ported correctly, should make very good power.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be checking out the parts tommarrow and will get a good look at the intake. I figure if the Brodix is already ported for the heads then i might as well go with it. Then i can off the Super Vic instead of putting more money into getting it matched. Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I will be checking out the parts tommarrow and will get a good look at the intake. I figure if the Brodix is already ported for the heads then i might as well go with it. Then i can off the Super Vic instead of putting more money into getting it matched. Thanks for the info guys

Thanks chprob.

NosRat- Don't look at it as the cheaper route. Look at it as the best route. Find out what intake it is and like I said, start measureing both in the right areas. Just because the Brodix is port matched to the heads you have, doesn't mean it will feed the engine you are trying to build. If it is a basic HVH intake, I would go with your ported Super Vic. Just because it isn't "gasket matched" to the entrance in the head, doesn't mean anything. You actually want the intake a bit smaller than the head anyway. It is the inatke that has the correct design that will make the most power. I run the Super Victor alot and it is a very good intake and if the guy who ported it is worth his weight in salt, it should work very well. I wouldn't let the fact that the intake doesn't "match" the entrance that well deter you from running the Edelbrock, that is for sure. Besides, even if it has to be matched quite a bit, you are only talking about $125 bux to do it if you felt it was that important. As long as the rest of the intake is fully ported the right way, I would stick with it. I have run them on these engines to 8,500 rpm+ and made more power than the most of the Brodix intakes and even the Dart so don't be so quick to off it.. Is this a race fuel drag race engine, mild pump fuel street engine or a race engine on pump fuel?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for the info BIR. The motor is a race fuel drag engine. 13:1, single fogger.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What is the camshaft profile? Dur @ .050", lift, lsa, intake center? Duration @ .200" if you know it? How much power are you trying to make with the setup?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts