Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Enderle 8 stack intake in a bbc. There are 4 plugs in the intake corners, 1 in each corner. What is the proper way to plumb them for proper cooling ? No heater core. Water pump has 2 holes for plumbing, plug them ? I could use one of the intake water ports for coolant temp switch.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a crossover cast in the front of the intake. Should be able to plug them, I think. The rear has no crossover, does there need to be a crossover in the rear ?

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the mechanics on here and no one knows how to plumb this intake ? I must have one of a kind intake. Maybe I'll JB weld them shut.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
All the mechanics on here and no one knows how to plumb this intake ? I must have one of a kind intake. Maybe I'll JB weld them shut.
What heads? If conventional heads you should be able to just plug the rear holes. If you want to run them to the front you can but it's not necessary. Water pump needs a bypass hose to the intake manifold if you're running a T-stat. If not, you can plug all the holes in the water pump.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dart Pro 1 heads. I will be running a t stat.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I get any thoughts on this set up ? -6 AN Reducers in the back 2 holes of the intake plumbed up to a thermostat housing then plug the holes in the water pump ? Does this set up sound like it'll help keep the back of the engine a little cooler and work as a by pass for the water pump as well ?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Can I get any thoughts on this set up ? -6 AN Reducers in the back 2 holes of the intake plumbed up to a thermostat housing then plug the holes in the water pump ? Does this set up sound like it'll help keep the back of the engine a little cooler and work as a by pass for the water pump as well ?

I am doing something kind of like that with my Hilborn (although obviously, Hilborn's don't have a Thermostat Housing cast into the Manifold), but, I think that is the best way to go, as Coolant won't be deadheading-btw, this isn't for a street car, correct?

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Street\strip car.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Heater?

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No heater.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
You're good to go then-

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is an Enderle unit. It's bolted on top of a 540 bbc. The engine is going in a gasser I'm building that'll see street/strip time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts