Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping out a friend and we have a cheater kit on a 12.5 1 bbc with some pro 1 heads. Its in a 3400lb car. We street race it mostly.....93 n 102 f N.O.S. 250 flowed with a 73 jet at 5.5 lbs with c16

The car at the track seemed to run better on the motor at around 40. Now that seems like alot to start from when taking timing out for nitrous. 2 for 50 puts you at 30??? So i would just kinda like someone to tell me if there is a universal number i should be starting with when taking timing out for nitrous or does this method work as well. We made a hit last night and i just put it at 28 to be safe, the car ran great, no wierd issues or anything. The plugs were hard to read cause they were old. He is getting a new set ( -10 ) and we have a few races this weekend. What do you think?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I run 42 in mine. but its 8.1 compression. on a 125 shot I leave it alone. on a 150-175 shot I would take out 4-5 degrees timing.

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
Hell cheif, i would leave all the timing in it! J/K

I would be interested to see what some other people say here, haven't ran my car yet but, the engine on the dyno liked 45 total and thats going to be a little uncomfortable to set it at 35-33 on 250 shot. Who's car you testing Cheif?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he has a list race saturday with the 70monte, and a money race with the red truck. you gonna bring yo shit out and do some testing?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get a trailer rounded up and you can come out with us and get some testing with good security and NO spectators.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am fixing to fire mine up and i think the converter is gonna be TIGHT......got a chance 10.5 inch pro mod converter.....we will see.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
pull a couple more degrees and square the plate at 93. should be safe

On my Cheater plate we squared it at 93 flowing through a 73 jet it I ended up about 6 and 1/4 to get a really nice plug reading. I started at 6.5 lbs. I pulled 10 on mine from a total of 38 (started at 12 and worked down) but it was a 10.5 to 1 509 pump gas motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts