Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this question has been asked many times. but I will ask it again. I am looking to purchased a set of heads for my bbc 468. wondering what head would be best for my application.
14.5-1 pistons
Cam .703int .708exh.
lobe center 108
5500 stall
1800 lbs car.

I have a set of 781 on it currently and am running in the 5.40's in the 1/8th.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
if buying used, beware of where u get from! like any used part, it could be worn and when u think your getting a good deal, it may cost more when u have to get new guides,valves,etc than if u were to just of boughten new!

id think you should be looking for a head around 290-325cc just off the top of my head. if spraying nitrous, lean twards larger head. good luck

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I would get something in the 310-320 range.buy a good name brand and stay away from cheap heads like procomp/patriot

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
if u got the cash, i have not heard one single thing bad with curtis boggs heads. seems like many would say he is one of top players in the game.he is on this forum, but thats new so i dont know your budget...

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Dart, Brodix, and AFR all make good heads for your app. Every has an opinion on which. I have used both AFR and Dart heads and liked both.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I called AFR and they have no customer service skills. You would think when you called them and said that you were looking to buy their heads and need some assistance on which ones to buy that would give you their undivided attention. instead the guy just said I needed the most expensive head they have. huh makes me not want to buy from them. think I will buy a RHS head instead.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So I called AFR and they have no customer service skills. You would think when you called them and said that you were looking to buy their heads and need some assistance on which ones to buy that would give you their undivided attention. instead the guy just said I needed the most expensive head they have. huh makes me not want to buy from them. think I will buy a RHS head instead.
Im curious who you spoke with and which head they recommended?

Our Sales staff is usually very helpful and very knowledgeable as well.

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience.

Please feel free to dial me up directly and I will guide you into a couple of options based on your application and your budget.

Thanks,
Tony Mamo
AFR R&D / Product Development Mgr.
661-705-8508

1 - 10 of 10 Posts