Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm 100% new to nitrous but I'm building a 632 to run 1/8 in a 2600pound 55 bel-air. Was leaning towards going forced induction but got a sweet deal on big chief heads and intake with 2 foggers. I have the big stuff 3 alcohol injection system but I was wondering how to run nitrous with alcohol and what compression ratio would but the best for my setup.

·
I kill parts
10,501 Posts
Alky & nitrous is somewhat voodoo; not a lot of good solid info because its not very common. It can be fast, but the general consensus is that nitrous works better with gas. With that in mind you can research into running all alky or run a separate fuel system for the nitrous & enrich with n2o specific gas. With any sort of wet system you will either need to run a fairly wide jet spread or pull some fuel from the efi when the system(s) come on, as the flowing nitrous will displace air in the intake thus richening the air/fuel.

Both alky & nitrous like compression; I've run 13.5:1 - 16.5:1, the higher levels make power but also narrow your tuning window.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
with a big chief combo i would go with gas only no alky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts