Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question I have is Callies offers a 4.5 stroke crank (BBC) but it comes set up for a 6.7 rod and not a 6.535. I called Callies and they said it was more popular with that rod due to the fact if they machine a crank to accept a 6.535 rod it take more heavy metal to balance. Would like to hear some opinions from some of the yellow bullet experts or novices does not matter. Also if I use a 6.7 rod will I still be able to get a piston with a decent comp. height? Motor will be probably 588 or 598 pump gas with maybe 400 shot on top that. Thanks in advance.

·
RED ROCKET
8,633 Posts
piston will be in the 1.245 range which is decent...

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
piston will be in the 1.245 range which is decent...
Exactly.........this is a very good combo. You can get any ring package you want on that piston. That is a nice length rod. A 598 is a very nice motor. Hard to beat.

Monte

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monty do you think that is too much stroke for a radial (315) tire? This is not for a class car just for fun. Seems like most these days are sticking to 4.25 stroke or smaller.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can tell you that the 4.5 stroke stuff ie. 598 is hard to beat, much more and you better be extremely good with power management because your window gets real small. Im curious to hear what others have to say.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Monty do you think that is too much stroke for a radial (315) tire? This is not for a class car just for fun. Seems like most these days are sticking to 4.25 stroke or smaller.
duno who you are talking about i dont know any radial guy with 315's with a 4.25 crank that are competitive. 598 is just getting started on the big radial

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may have been mistaken. I just read a bunch on here and lots of guys, or at least a lot that post, talk alot about the 4.25 stroke. To clarify things my build is not for any specific class. It's purley for my enjoymemt and to have some fun.

·
RED ROCKET
8,633 Posts
I may have been mistaken. I just read a bunch on here and lots of guys, or at least a lot that post, talk alot about the 4.25 stroke. To clarify things my build is not for any specific class. It's purley for my enjoymemt and to have some fun.
turbo and blown guys say that..in a nitrous application the bigger the better to me.598's are durable for sure.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. I ordered the crank (callies magnum) and rods (oliver 6.7) today. Block is going this this week to my builder so we can take some measurements for some pistons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts