Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Builing a 489 ci BBC with a 101. Non intercooled, full size radiator for street use. Still havent made the first cut trying to figure out how to mount it. Thinking it will be mounted east west at the lower rad support (trimming upper and lower rad to just a thin strip) with a custom bar between the subframe to hang the turbo from. Rad will have to go infront of rad support closest to nose.

Pics would help, thanks.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
There's a thread in this section called 106 in an fbody that you should check out. It should give you some ideas.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a thread in this section called 106 in an fbody that you should check out. It should give you some ideas.
Thanks yeah I have read that one but with the BBC its so much closer to the rad support now. Was gonna mount the turbo low but now I am paranoid about oil drainback. Guess we will revisit fitting it higher up.

·
Registered
861 Posts
You can just run a scavenge pump if you have to... The motor is only another inch or so forward so it shouldn't be taking up that much room.

Thanks yeah I have read that one but with the BBC its so much closer to the rad support now. Was gonna mount the turbo low but now I am paranoid about oil drainback. Guess we will revisit fitting it higher up.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I just run split rads in the bumper nose.Leaves lots of room.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot about offsetting it. hmmm.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Have some updated pics of the build so far...

565 with a 101.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would not use those braided flex couplings.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
If thay have the liner inside should be fine
If they have a solid liner, if it is a mesh inner liner dispose of quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts