Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the planning phase currently. Talked with a couple of piston manufacturers and I have a 383, 400, & 440 block available. All are stock blocks. No unattainable after market $8000 block for this build.

It will get a girdle and all ARP bolts and studs and good machine work. I have already pushed one to 773hp so far in an NA application....

The upper goal is to get to 18psi with my bracket car. Start out at 10psi and water meth at 4psi and a second jet at 10psi and tune from there with a 4150 carb on gas.

So getting a blower piston for a Mopar stroker with a 75cc head seems to be the tough part. I know the upper ring has to be moved down in a blower piston and running a stroker puts the pin up too high in most Mopar combo's.

Talked with JE and really liked what we came up with so far......400 stroked to 470 with a 3.915 crank and 6.535 rod gives them enough room to put the rings where they are needed. I was going to do a 383/496, but there is no where for the rings to move down. So far this seems to be the best plan.

What head gaskets should I be looking at, copper, MLS, etc? And should I build it at 8.5:1 or 9:1?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
No advice to offer, but that sounds like a fun project! Looking forward to reading more about it.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,971 Posts
You could do a 451 with a 383 rod inexpensively and have plenty of power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts