Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a 555cu. in. big block in my 57 Chevy. Would perfer fenderwell headers for this application (2 3/8" primary with 4 1/2 " collector). Any input on your experience with this application or where I might find headers would be greaatly appreciated. I have a stock steering box in the car currently. Would settle for chassis headers if I can't find fender well set-up.
Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
16,441 Posts
Ray. Why don't you looking into having a set made? This way you can have exactly what you want, and they will fit...................like they were made for the car. The primary size your looking for is pretty odd for an off the shelf header.

·
SPEL CHECK
3,612 Posts
I'm putting a 555cu. in. big block in my 57 Chevy. Would perfer fenderwell headers for this application (2 3/8" primary with 4 1/2 " collector). Any input on your experience with this application or where I might find headers would be greaatly appreciated. I have a stock steering box in the car currently. Would settle for chassis headers if I can't find fender well set-up.
Thanks, Ray
ck this place out on you tube , really neat but expensive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQ0RbPF5ug

i went with kooks again & they dont fit again , of course i have the wrong motor mounts , starter & k-member in my mustang. nice stuff just make sure you ask alot of questions to them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That factory steering box is going to be a pain for fenderwell headers.
Have you considered a rack for steering? Lots more stable and will make plenty of room for your headers.
Don't know that I have seen any 2 3/8 for your app out of a box.
Best of success on your project.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
A buddy of mine had a pinto rack installed on his 57' and mounted it on the backside of the stock crossmember!!!! when he wanted to turn the car to the right he had to turn the steering wheel to the left!!!!! no shit it was funnier than hell......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts