·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
me too

·
Registered
1 Posts
About 7 yrs ago I too bought a suck ass camshaft from him for a LT1. The cam was terrible, it broke valve springs, would not pull and he would not even respond to my email. So I wrote it of as a bought lesson. Good luck he is a pile of SHIT!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well i got a refund today so this thread can go away please

·
Registered
456 Posts
I dont think it should go away i think people should see what you went through to get your money back and to let them see his customer satisfaction. Remember this is just what i think, i cant speak for the mods.

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
is this the same guy that hangs around in the naturally aspirated section???....seems like a pretty sharp guy over there:smt102

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Threads don't get deleted here on the bullet. Glad you got it resolved though.

·
YB Managing Editor
48,005 Posts
is this the same guy that hangs around in the naturally aspirated section???....seems like a pretty sharp guy over there:smt102
Looks like it. He signs his posts Bret and has the Bauer link in his sig.. I can't believe any honest person would let someone bad mouth them on here without so much as a peep out of him. He was just on at 6:19pm.

Hmmm. :confused:

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Yes, its the same person that posts in the N/A section.

Agreed, he should have come over and atleast defended himself/company. I guess that speaks volumes itself.

No, its not getting deleted.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok So I feel there needs to be an end to this.. Brett Bauer Issued a refund, However the refund was not in full.. This guy issued an 80% refund for holding my money with out producing any product and now that I had to basically go public with this he now wants me to Type a retraction … Well Here it goes let me know if I did this right.. I had to call Brett’s Dad in hopes that this family had some type of morals to get my refund.. well needless to say. I basically receive the same response from the father that I did from the kid. I’m not going to talk bad about anyone because I don’t do that but if you think for one moment that I’m going to post a retraction aka public apology for having to call you Dad’s place of work then you are on crack! I’m still not happy about this entire ordeal. As a consumer I will say that I will never do any business with Bauer Race Engines. I will say that the customer service was the worse that I had ever seen. What people like this need to understand is that there are repercussions for their actions. You cant treat someone who paid you to do a job like sheit and get away with it.. Brett as far as I am concerned you are a two bit con man. And to think I was going out of my way trying to get these threads cleaned up that way it would not damage you in any way however Ernie (my employee ) just showed me your text demanding an apology. So here is your apology

I apologize that I let a snake in the grass like you steel from me
I apologize that I ever did any business with you
I apologize that I did not see threw your bull shit
I apologize that I ever sent you any money
I apologize that I didn’t go on line and see you for whom you really are
I apologize that I had ever recommended you to any of my friends
I apologize that I didn’t check your credentials or your reputation if I had this would have been a much different out come all together
I apologize that I thought you were a man of your word
I apologize that I had to call you dad and get him involved in YOUR BUSINESS
I apologize that you were not man enough to contact me direct and wanted to bull a bitch move and use a 3rd party person like Ernie
I apologize that I had to go this rout so people could see the real you
I apologize that in your young 32 years of life some one has never taught you a lesson on how to talk to people, however keep on your same path and I’m sure someone will soon
I apologize that you may be some what intelligent about cams that you still lack the basic comprehension skills that most middle school kids already possess
I apologize that you are a total douche canoe

And lastly I apologize to each and everyone who has ever encountered you or your dealing because they are the real victims here and I apologize to the people whom had to read threw all of this bullshit that you could have avoided by being a man and stepping up to the plate however we all know that you are not a man of your word furthermore Brett you can take your apology and pound it out your ass… You ought to be happy that I don’t post all the other shit!! So in close we will leave it like that. Keep my name out of your mouth and Ill do the same..

The
Victim

Dan

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you Monty for not taking this down when i asked

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I guess Brett does not understand what Black mail is

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thank you for the suport. people like this needs to understand they can't treat people like this and get away with it!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
This guy is a douche canoe! He got his ass booted off camaroZ28.com because he acted like an asshole and pissed off/ripped off the wrong people. As for the pic from the Engine Masters Challenge, that's the only time that they have been there as far as I'm aware. What a fucking rookie mistake leaving the oil pump stud nut loose. Every time anyone on camaroz28.com asked for any credentials or proof of his "education", he told them to fuck off. The punk has read too many car magazines and thinks he is an engine guru. Give me a fucking break!! Hey loser, do us all a favor and kill yourself.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Dan BOARDMAN.... took some searching to find your name so I could give the police the name of the guy who I didn't even know I did business with.

Well I finally have time here this holiday weekend to deal with you for the LAST TIME, I don't come on YB to get in pissing contests with guys who act like little girls, and I come here to talk motors because I enjoy it.... so here is the other side of the story:

First off.... I'm not in Colorado, I'm in NY. Brett Bowers out of Fort Collins Colorado is a totally different guy, so if someone is pissed at him.... that ain't me.

Second off.... this deal between you and I is not about business. LET ME REPEAT THIS DEAL IS NOT ABOUT BUSINESS, IT'S ABOUT THE WAY YOU TALK AND TREAT PEOPLE, PEOPLE THAT I'M CLOSE TOO.

When I have to take calls from my suppliers and my family from and I quote "some asshole" calling them and "mother fucking" them up and down... we draw the fucking line. Thankfully I know the countySheriff and his 2nd in charge well so I had a little talk with them about harassing phone calls you made to my family. Try it again Mr. Boardman and you will be being picked up in a squad car by Arizona's finest.

This whole issue with you comes down to how you TREAT PEOPLE. I don't deal with grown men who act like a 10 year old girl who didn't get what she wanted for Christmas. I don't deal with people who harass my suppliers and who harass my family at home or at work. When a contact I have worked with for over 8 years calls me and says "Man this guy is a piece of work.", or when my MOTHER calls me and says there is a number from Arizona that has called her 4 times in a row, OR better yet when my old man tells me when I get back to the shop from lunch that a guy called him and acted like a complete asshole..... That's the fucking LINE you crossed. You found out quick how I deal with people who do that.... YOUR DAY GETS WORSE.

Your REFUND was being held from you so I could HELP the boys in your shop on the problem that most likely YOU caused. That's not my job, but I do shit like that to help my customers when they run into something they haven't seen. (First 3V cam job for you BTW.... rookie mistakes are common deals )

I gave you back your refund AFTER I was told your tuner had INTELECTUAL PROPERTY and wasn't going to share it and even informed them it was minus a $1.00 for every minute that I had to spend talking to your shop manager, my business contacts and my family about YOUR BEHAVIOR. That was almost 2 hours, 110 minutes to be exact. So your $410 refund was short $110 to cover my time and you were told you could have that if you sent out by e-mail 3 written apologies for how you treated people..... Apparently at this point your ego is too big for $110.

Third..... Let’s get down to the business side of this.

My relationship with the shop you FORMERLY owned started by being contacted by your shop manager, NOT YOU. Pretty sad that you know you are so bad with people you need someone else to deal with them for you. I'm glad you didn't mention the FIRST thing I did for Performance Solutions, a set of 4V cams for a Mach1 with D1 blower where you had to de-tune the car 60+rwhp to keep the bottom end together. That was the first thing I did for your FORMER shop Performance Solutions. I guess that deal made enough of an impression that you had the stones to call me and ask for a set of FREE $1200 4V cams for your Mod Turbo motor... I was a little put off by your attitude then on the phone, but knew you were a piece of work when you asked for that.

Next up was this 3V setup, where all I was told is that the customer wants cams for the car and all that is done to it is the tune, cam phaser delete and a set of cams/springs.... I got ZERO limits or wants/needs other than "we need a set of cams, like TOMORROW."

So being the total asshole that I am I bumped you up in line to make you happy, paid for them to be shipped out Next Day Air rather than the 2nd Day I charged for. Long story short... when I ask to see the tune, I get shit. When I ask if the cams were degreed in... I get shit. So as I told your shop manager... if you want the refund or any help, get me a copy of the tune and I will see if we can help you out. I don't tune, I'm not in your market, but I know people that have tuning down better than 99% of the rest of the country and when I ask them for some help I usually get it. My thinking was that the calibrations linked to the cam phaser were off in the ECU and its most likely pulling timing out which was causing your issues, not to mention lord knows where the cams are installed since you don't believe in a degree wheel. I can't go show you how to degree a camshaft, but I sure as shit can spend some of my time and money helping you with tuning issues to make sure that is not the issue. When a tuner says its "intellectual property" I know right then and there what kind of people I'm dealing with. If you don't write the code for the software, that’s' a complete cover up for not knowing what you are doing.... I've been around the bush a few times, dealt with a lot of shops and worked thru issues that were not my own. Either way... when MOST COMMON CAMS FOR THAT APPLICATION is: the FRP cams at 219/240, the Comp shelf pieces at 221/228 and the cams I sent you at 221/228.... I find it hard to believe that the cams themselves are so far off that they are the problem here. Your tuner and shop manager KNEW that I wanted to see the tune a month ago... and I wasn't doing any refunds until that happened. So blame them for the TIME... but I was willing to help THEM out with this deal since they act like grown adults.

Cam order #3 (Pushrod Turbo) was put in line with the rest of the deals I have to design because I had no due date for that... and I'm not screwing over a line up customers twice for the same shop who has done little business with me. Ain't going to happen.

Dan.... when my customers have problems, I help them out and get them covered be that a motor install that takes all night before a race or a set of LS7 castings that got stole from me and I got fucked on. Reason being is that these customers are GOOD PEOPLE and I need too help them out. But when some guy goes off on me half cocked acting like a complete asshole to the point where even guys that I compete against (Ed Curtis)who don't even like me call me up and tell me you are a total asshole.....
GUYS LIKE YOU CAN GO POUND SAND!

I've been around the block... guys like you are a dime a dozen and normally in a conversation I can weed them out pretty quick... I normally weed people out with the perception that I'm a total asshole. Apparently you figured that out all ready in life because you need a front man to talk to people for you... I will give you that this year you take my shitty customer award prize and it's only July!

If you’re a victim... look in the mirror because you cause your OWN problems. I don't feel any remorse for any person who acts like you do and treats people like you do.... in fact I actually feel bad for your old lady more than anyone, that is one brave sole you are married too for right now.

As I said, write those 3 apologizes and you will get $110 back... this ain't about the money, it's about having some values... and one of mine is you don't treat people around me like shit for free. I still doubt it will happen because, you are so clueless you don't even have an idea WHY you should apologize... which is evident by your post on here.

Have a nice day

Bret "Asshole" Bauer

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,217 Posts
Intellectual Property????????????? What happens when the guy does another mod and takes it to a different tuner? Is his tune "locked" in his PCM so no one else can get to it? Does the owner have to post bail to get his tune out?

Hey just askin'

21 - 40 of 155 Posts