Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues with Brett Bauer from Bauer race engines? I ask this because I have been having an issue with him and a job that we paid him to do. I feel that I have exhausted all my paths thus far. We contracted him to do a job for us and that was to provide a set of cams for an 08 shelby and provide a cam for a turbo charged 331 push rod motor in the amount of well here is the transaction

Transaction Details

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #1BL97371KS4224436)

Original Transaction
Date
Type
Status
Details
Amount
May 5, 2010
Payment For Bauer Racing Engines
Completed
-$1,465.00 USD

Related Transaction
Date
Type
Status
Details
Amount
May 5, 2010
Add Funds from a Bank Account
Completed
Details
$1,465.00 USD

Business Name:

Bauer Racing Engines
Email:

[email protected]
Business Contact Information

Customer Service Email:

[email protected]
Customer Service Phone:

607-734-9779

Amount sent:

-$1,465.00 USD
Fee amount:

$0.00 USD
Net amount:

-$1,465.00 USD

Date:

May 5, 2010
Time:

18:01:41 PDT

Completed

Funding Type:

Instant Transfer
Funding Source:

$1,465.00 USD - Wells Fargo Bank Checking (Confirmed) x-8996

Anyway I received the cams for the 08 however I was not happy with them that is neither here nor there so I canceled to order for the push rod cam because I felt that he was charging too much as it was. Needless to say it has been 6 weeks since I canceled the order and I have not received my refund nor has the guy even made an attempt to take care of this issue. I’m a little piss about this because no services were ever rendered and he now will not answer emails , phone calls nor any thing else I know for a fact that he reads his emails all the time. I’m not even making a complaint about the cams that I have received from him I am pissed off and making this thread because he has drug his ass in issuing a refund for the cam he did not do!!!! So in short he has stole 400.00 and it is a nice way that he did it because he uses Paypal and we sent the money as money owed so I have no recourse because I was helping save this guy the 3% fees. I cant believe that a guy would try to screw over a me like this.. I guess he thinks if he hold out a little longer Paypal will just ignore a claim. I have been super nice about this and have not posted anything derogatory about him or his operation. I just want the refund for the parts that I have already paid for and never received! Brett I know you will read this. Refund the money you said you would refund 6 weeks ago. Its bad enough that I have to pay more money to fix the others.. just give me my money back on the cams that you didn’t ever do and we will call it good.

Thank you

Im not trying to be rude and i have tried everything but offer to suck the guys dick needless to say i feel this is the only way to let other people know not to deal with this guy in fear that you will get the same treatment

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's wrong with the other cams that you have to pay to get fixed?
Im not even going to get in to that. I just want people to think twice before dealing with Brett. he is a liar and nothing more.... as a fact i have to order new cams for that car right now

BRETT PAY ME MY DAMN MONEY!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
good luck with this phuckstick. i ordered a set of jesel rockers from him and it was the same way. i finally threatened to take him to court and got my money back. STEER CLEAR FROM THIS CLOWN. I THOUGHT HE WAS OUT OF BUSINESS

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess he is doing business out of his house, I will be talking to legal counsel this next week

BRETT PAY ME MY FUCKING MONEY OR I WILL BE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR VERY SOON

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I had a friend send him a $13,000 dollar deposit for a blower motor and Brett tried to take the money and run, let's just say we got the motor and a bigger blower then what he was suppose to get. I thought he was in jail still. Good luck, I hope you get your money back.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a friend send him a $13,000 dollar deposit for a blower motor and Brett tried to take the money and run, let's just say we got the motor and a bigger blower then what he was suppose to get. I thought he was in jail still. Good luck, I hope you get your money back.
awsome please pm me the details I am super interested in how this was done i was checking airplane flights today

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea thanks that shines a lot of light on what has happened ..

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know at this point im thinking this douche is a thief and nothing more..... does this jack off not understand how small this world is and Some people actuall take things personal! Brett you POS i know you are reading this.. The deal between you and I is far from over you pile of sheit. You will get what comes around.. one day real soon slick! oh and you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground and to think you call your self a machinest!!! you worthless piece of shit!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In new york

:::UPDATE:::

Ok so check this out.. After I bought the 3v cams and they did not perform to what I wanted … I mean seriously the only real thing I need the cams to do was out perform the stock cams and LOPE!!!! I mean seriously how hard is that to under stand we installed the cam and tuned the car (like we have done hundreds of times before) needless to say that the cams idled smoother than the stock cams did so with no lope what so ever. Now the douche bag wants to see my tune on the 3v cams before he will return my money for the second cam order that he never did!!! What a fag! What does the 3v cams that I have already removed out of the car and replaced with another set have to do with the cam for my 331 push rod motor? Nothing I tell you.. Seeing as how I’m not using the custom cams from this idiot I don’t see what the issue is to why I cant have a refund on my push rod cam that he never produced.. I guess he has seen a few of my threads that I have posted on line and he is not happy however when you take someone’s money for something and you don’t produce the item ordered that makes you a thief plain and simple. I could understand if I was asking for him to redo the 3v cams but that is not the case.. and at any rate he should have stepped up to the plate 6 weeks ago. Truth be told I don’t want this clown touching anything that I work on ever again! I spoke to Comp Cams (these people are awesome need I tell you) and the guy said that he looked at the specs of the 3v cams that there was no way in hell that those cams would ever lope. So I fail to see why he wants to see my tune so bad? Its not going to make the car lope like my customer asked for and I told Brett it needed to do. So regardless what we the customer wanted Brett took it upon him self to change what the customer was going to receive.. hence the reason we could not use the 1000.00 cams that Brett charged us for. Thanks Brett

Brett Bauer from BAUER RACE ENGINES RETURN MY MONEY for the cam you never made!!!! He should be happy I’m not charging him for the wasted time for the install and the dyno tuning that I now have had to do 2 times… Man you should see all the links I have in my PMS from yellow bullet, ls2GTO and ls1tech that show what type of business man this guy is! Even some good Pm’s from other cam grinders that you all know telling me what type of person Brett is!!! In my book he is a liar and a thief and nothing more he will be this until he returns My money that he has stole..

People if you are having this guy do any work for you i cant urge you enought think twice and use ED or some other cam grinder!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WoW I’m guessing this Brett Bauer guy has fail written all over Bauer Race Engines here is a thread / post I seen on LS1tech.com with photos this is the same attitude that I received and the ass clown told me that my associate was his customer and I don’t think he fully understands I OWN THE FUCKING SHOP that he ripped off!

[URL="http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=74635" said:
86formula[/URL];13489116]http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lounge/1272223-who-else-has-been-screwed-bauer-racing.html
[URL="http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=74635" said:
Had a really bad experience recently with a machine shop and am wondering what you guys would do. Paid almost $600 to get the coolant cross over cut off of a Vic EFI and the bolt holes converted for LT1 heads and you can see from the pictures the quality of work that I received. When I emailed the machine shop saying that I want a new manifold (the one I sent was brand new sent from summit racing) I was told that I can pay shipping both ways and he will repair the cracks (not the holes that were machined almost too thin to use) or that I can go pound salt. My intake was sent to this shop from the one that was porting my new intake and specing my cam. When I emailed and asked for a phone number to call and figure something out (im on 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and with a 7 hour time difference in Iraq) I was told that I was not his customer (even though he got my money) and that if I want to talk on the phone I can pay $1 a min for his time. Since then Ive realized that I do not want to waste my time or my builders time sending it out to have shotty work done then send it to get fixed AGAIN (the holes that are too thin), I would rather just pay a little to have it repaired the right way by someone who values their reputation. What would you guys do at this point?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/lt1-lt4-modifications/228549d1272009510-machine-shop-issues-picture-035.jpg

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/lt1-lt4-modifications/228552d1272009510-machine-shop-issues-picture-038.jpg

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/lt1-lt4-modifications/228551d1272009510-machine-shop-issues-picture-037.jpg

Well first let me start out by saying that i feel that Lloyd Elliott did just about everything that he could (within reason) to make this right. The intake manifold was sent to Lloyd straight from Summit racing to be port matched to my LE2 heads. Lloyd, trying to save me some money, told me that he would rather send the intake to a machine shop to get coverted rather than having to make a jig himself. This would save me both time and money. Lloyd ported the intake and sent it off to Airflow Development to get converted. Dennis from Airflow development, who is slammed with work, sent the intake to Bret Bauer from Bauer Racing Engines. Because this was done to get my intake back to me faster, Lloyd covered the shipping to Bret.
When my intake got back to the shop i was immediately sent an email with the pictures supplied. i called Dennis right away (still at this point thinking that he is the one who converted it) and was told that it was damaged when he got it (it was brand new). This is when i found out that it was sent to Bauer Racing Engines to get done because Dennis was overwhelmed with work. I called Lloyd right away who assured me that the manifold wasnt cracked when he sent it out and that the box wasnt damaged so it couldnt have been damaged in shipping. At this point i felt like i was getting the run around and started getting frustrated. Lloyd offered to pay up to $100 out of his pocket to have the intake repaired just so that i was happy. My problem with that was that i would still have to cover shipping, and at this point there was no telling whether or not that would cover the actual cost of the repair.

Email #1 from me:

Lloyd, I've been thinking about it and the conclusion that I've come to is that i do not want the intake manifold fixed. i paid for a new intake and i don't feel that i should receive a repaired one for the amount of money that i have into it. i understand that the damage was not your fault but you are the only consistent contact that i have and the only email contact that i have. i don't want to play pass the buck anymore, i understand how valuable every-ones reputation is and I'm looking for someone to make good on this. I'm not asking you to report the intake, as a matter of fact i don't even want you to port it. i want this to be completely out of your hands if possible. i want a new intake manifold converted (including the 4 center bolt holes) and the coolant area machined off or i want a refund for the entire intake and it will be returned. i don't think that this is an unreasonable request due to the frustration and added stress that this has given me. Lloyd i am not by any means asking for you to foot the bill but you are the only email contact that i have and Dennis claims that you knew about the damage before he worked on it so you are (unfortunately) involved as well. so whether LE Port-works, Airflow Development, or Bauer Racing engines makes good on this or a portion comes from each it doesn't matter to me. i just want this to be made right. please pass the word onto Dennis, Bret is CC ed.

Email back from Lloyd:

no problem with passing the info along and my offer is still good on sending $100 to get the intake repaired even though I should not even be doing that.

If someone wants to buy a new intake for you and do the work, that is fine with me but I can not be responsible for buying a new intake and converting it for you.

$100 towards repairing the intake is a gesture of me being a nice guy but there is a difference in being nice and being stupid.

Dennis did not do the work. He opened the box and sent the intake to Bret when realizing what all needed to be done (remove water neck, etc) and that he could not fit the time line. He did not do any work or make any $$$ from the conversion at all. He did not farm the work out and make a cut. He just referred the work to Bret. I paid for the extra shipping getting everything to Bret at no expense to you as well as thee shipping on intake from me to you. No hard feelings, I just want you to know that I have already lost $$$ and bent over backwards working with you.

I did not make any $$$ from the conversion and just shipped the heads and intake to Dennis for the conversion. I was under the impression that you had been in contact with Dennis and had the time schedule and payment all set up with him so I did not contact Dennis about the intake until it was shipped to him. I told you I had no problem relaying the $$$ to him, I just did not realize that you needed me to.

FWIW, if the cracked bolt hole is the problem, it can be welded and re machined and be JUST as strong as it would have been when new. If there are any other problems with the intake conversion, Bret would have to answer the questions on that but there would be no problem with welding the bolt hole and it would look like it never happened.

Let me know if the $100 will help you out any. . . . .

As i said, Lloyd has been bending over backwards trying to make this right and keep me happy.

1st Email back from Bret Bauer:

Josh,

The crack in the bolt hole is my deal.... here are your options:

1. Send the manifold back here and I'll fix the crack in the spot face by the bolt hole, YOU pay for shipping back. That's the only thing that is my deal. Anything else you want me to fix is $50 a hour.

2. Go pound salt.

********** should have the address where to send it back. If you want to waste more of Lloyd's, Dennis' or my time complaining and demanding things that aren't going to happen then my timeframe for getting this fix done for you looks like it's getting longer and longer. I don't think ***** wants to sit on your car any longer than they are.

E-mail me back ONLY which option you would like to choose and we will go from there.

Bret

Email back to Bret:

Bret,
why would i be paying for shipping when you are the one that damaged the
intake? i don't think that what i want is unreasonable considering the
fact that the intake manifold has never even been in my hands. the only
thing that I'm demanding is what i paid for. i paid to be able to bolt a
Vic EFI intake to LT1 heads (not using 8 bolts, but using all 12 of
them) and i didn't pay to have a cracked manifold. i want a fully
functional manifold that ************ feels is acceptable.
you would be just as aggravated if you spent $800 on a manifold only to
get it back in the condition that it was received in.

Please explain how anything that i want is wrong in any way.

Email back from Bret Bauer:

Well someone will pay shipping if you want it back.... I'm not.

You give me a extra $100 and I will put two more bolt holes in the
intake PER SIDE, just have fun getting the bolts into the head and
tightening them down. I realize this is the first rodeo for you guys
down there doing this because if you don't realize that those bolts do
not work then you have never done this before. Again give me $100 and it
will put those holes in there for you, it's $100 because your wasting my
time and I'm going to be PAID for doing work that is pointless.... but I
will be HAPPY to do it if you want to pay me. If you guys don't believe
me about this lay a LT1 gasket on the flange and then look where the
inner bolt holes go thru... how are you going to get a bolt under the
runner to even get in the bolt hole?

8 bolts is what OEM SBC Vortec motors have.... look at this picture
http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/80...9-12496821.jpg or look at
the OEM gaskets... no bolt holes in the middle.
http://images.marketplaceadvisor.cha.../68238/3000019.
jpg

THE ONE BIG THING I DON'T GET IS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MY TWO OPTIONS
FROM BEFORE??????? Pick one and send the intake or don't but don't bug
anyone anymore with this BS. Your wasting OUR time.... and i'm going to
send the thing back COD for my time if I have to answer another e-mail
about this.

Clock is now running....... $1 per minute

there were 2 more emails but they were just about the center bolt holes and pricing before i decided not to put my intake or any other property of mine in his hands again
What a Gem this guys is

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
could this be the guy??

BRET BAUER</FONT color="red">
Pine City, NY
Did Not Finish Bret and his father Jack were very anxious to get their results. The Chevy they designed and assembled had been researched from top to bottom, with the Bauer's using all of their engineering skills to develop a solid entry. Unfortunately, the engine began losing oil pressure soon after we fired it up, and after double-checking the gauges, it was determined that the pressure loss was considerable. We felt bad for them, but a post-operative teardown found the oil pump stud nut loose, and this single fastener was responsible for benching the Bauer's this year. They swear they'll be back for more, as our format truly appeals to them. To show what great sports they are, the Bauer's hung around throughout our testing to assist any other competitor who may have needed a hand with anything. Even though they weren't able to get results on their entry, we feel this selfless act says plenty about this father/son team, and we look forward to seeing them again in the future.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/0302_beasteast/index.html

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well after a lot of searching I have a home address and phone number of him and his Dad.. his dads name is not Jack however it is Jon C Bauer. I’m half tempted to contact Mr. Bauer sr My Phone and registered mail to see if he knows how his Son does business... but I think ill give this clown one more day before I turn the dogs loose.. I have already contacted Law enforcement in that town

Mr Brett is 31 years old and take the type of attitude listed above with anyone who questions him

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,144 Posts
Just wondering is this his username on here ?

SStrokerAce ????

I bought some PAC springs and PAC retainers from SStrokerAce off here, transaction went good and got all my stuff.

Im not sticking up for him, just letting you guys no.

Matt

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wondering is this his username on here ?

SStrokerAce ????

I bought some PAC springs and PAC retainers from SStrokerAce off here, transaction went good and got all my stuff.

Im not sticking up for him, just letting you guys no.

Matt

Yes Matt that is the douche bag.. I too have had some good dealings with this clown. however the 2 latest transactions were pure garbage. His cams suck and he has failed to refund the money for the 3rd order that was never for filled. He thinks this is a game but it is quite clear he has no idea whom I am. (7 weeks for a refund and counting). What goes around comes around.. I don’t even care about the money any more because that is a small price to pay to burry this guy.. BRETT BAUER is a liar and a thief and nothing more. Hey Brett man up!

Hi Brett I know you are reading this and I wanted to tell you first hand since you are too big of a pussy to answer the phone that you are a pile of crap.. you see this is not slander nor is it defamation of character because I speak the truth and I have all the supporting evidence. The fact is you took money for 2 orders and you failed to for fill the second order and you have made no attempt to correct this… Now you think that you can text Ernie (My employee ) and talk shiet why don’t you man up and call me to talk your sheit you fing thief!!! When you take money and do not produce what the customer paid for then you are worthless furthermore I have tried to leave the piss poor cams that you specked out of this entire ordeal because I know your business depends on you spamming the internet for jobs however I will tell every how bad they sucked too… Does everyone know the shiet you talk about Ed Curtis do they know that you don’t grind cams at all. All you do is call Dave over at Comp cams and order cams from him. So in fact you do nothing other then write down specs and have comp do the work.. so in close this is a buyer beware If this clown specs out a cam for you and it is wrong he will not step up to the plate what so ever he will duck and run like a little girl to avoid the issue… the reason this low life can not refund me for the cam that he never did is because he has no money and he is a scammer. The cams that he provided for the 3v were worse than stock and the only thing we asked for was for the cam to lope and this clown couldn’t even do that…. I would highly suggest that anyone wanting a custom cam go threw Ed Curtis or some one who has customer service skills where as Bauer Race Engines stands behind their work ….. and I mean way behind! Lets hear your derogatory response like you always do. Yes Brett I have been receiving tons of emails and pms about you and your shotty work not to mention your holier then thou attitude. I have read countless forums where people finally see you for what you are and voice their opinion and needless to say there are enough people that you actually get banned from forum after forum

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Situation over

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
Thats it ? how about a little detail here. Need some colsure.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts