Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,556 Posts
Earthquake 1/2" does all I need. I had the 3/8" for a year and it wasn't for Honda crank bolts or axle nuts. The 1/2" (takes same battery) gets it done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm using a ingersoll rand cordless 1/2in impact. Cheaper than snap on, more expensive than Milwaukee, but I also have the impact wrench. I think ir were one of if not the first with a cordless impact wrench. I'm sure the new Milwaukee stuff is good, but ir had it before anyone else when I was looking.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
The Hazard Fraught will work fine until you get some cycles on the batteries.
Then its back to breaker bars and ratchets.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I picked up a Kobalt 24v impact when bLowe's had it on sale. It's okay for lug nuts and other medium duty work, but it's not the powerhouse some of the higher end wrenches are.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Earthquake 1/2" does all I need. I had the 3/8" for a year and it wasn't for Honda crank bolts or axle nuts. The 1/2" (takes same battery) gets it done.
I had one of those under a different name. A number of years ago. Needed one quick for work. It was soooo heavy I gave it away when Matco got there and I bought my first plastic air impactgun.
I’m sure they are real nice now.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
When it comes to air tools, Harbor Freight has some killer stuff for the money.
When it comes to plug-in electric tools, HF has some decent stuff for the money.

When it comes to BATTERY powered tools... the BATTERIES are the difference. Chinese tools tend to come with crap batteries that die and early death... then you're stuck with a tool, and no way to power it.

Here is a test between various 18650 Lithium batteries... several from China, and several from Japan/Korea. The Chinese ones have huge mAh ratings, but don't provide a fraction of the storage or cycles. The lower rated Japanese/Korean batteries whip up on them like red headed step children.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to update anyone that is interested. The main reason I got this is to remove the blades on my Exmark zero turn. The blades get so tight they are hell to remove. The Bauer took lugs off my truck no problem. But Sunday was time to remove the blades and it was a no go. I don’t know what breakaway torque is to ft lbs. it is rated at 450. I will give props to hf I took it back and changed it to the earth quake 1/2 they gave me full price back. The earth quake instantly removed the blade bolts.

edit the earth quake is rated at 1200 break away.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
like 2 weeks ago I got a fuel 1/2 milwaulkee with 1 battery for 230 bucks and bought the charger on amazon for 30, so 260 total for 1400 breakaway. Just return it and camp a sale

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
1/2" Milwaukee Fuel will twist your nuts or snap your bolt.
The 3/8" Fuel is actually enough for most lug nuts and things like that, great for almost every job.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The Earthquake 1/2" drive is a bad mofo. Air or battery powered. I can't say how long the battery will last, but so far I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Work it pretty hard over the next year and report back. It's strong now but it's still sold by Hazard Fraught, durability of tool and battery are both known issues.
But if it's not something you use a lot, it might last a long time.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have a portable air compressor for my 1/2 snapon blue point or my mac air tools including 1/4 and 3/8 impacts, it is loud but works I do have a ryobe impact and it does break lug nuts ok but is not the best.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts