Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a fox body notch, installing the battery in rear trunk. i googled the rules and regulations for the correct way. aware of the switch on positive side. the only thing i couldnt find was wheather the red/ positive cable must run inside or outside of vehicle? ive seen and heard it done both ways. and does the battery have to be in a inclosed tray metal or plastic? because ive seen cars with just a hold down type or braket not in a box. my local track bitches about things here n there when they feel like it so i would like to do it right the first time. pics would also be nice. thanks guys!

·
In Glock I Trust
6,808 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
if you search you will find what your looking for ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
the cables do not matter. the battery must be anchored with min 3/8'' bolts. if your drag racing you must run the pos side to a kill switch that can be seen and reached at the rear of the car. it must kill the car when it's running. i've seen a few cars with kill switches but also run an altinator that kept the car running after the switch was off.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
besides his first post is in the wrong spot :smt102 :smt075

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
obviously im getting asshole responses cuz im new to the site. ive seen way worse, dumb ass questions on this site then mine. thanks anyways! guess i gotta post a million posts before i get a resonable response!

·
The Grouch
3,104 Posts
obviously im getting asshole responses cuz im new to the site. ive seen way worse, dumb ass questions on this site then mine. thanks anyways! guess i gotta post a million posts before i get a resonable response!
No just hit this certain tread that we all had to go to.
Always look up and shot for the top spot.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
nope just hit the newb thread first
but you were also given the ans you need

dam treed

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
give it time ... I think the cable should be ran inside . And if you use a sealed battery box it must have a vent that runs to the outside of the car . or if you use a gel cell battery it don't need to be vented.. still check anyway....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yep.....no one cares if you relocate your battery to your "TRUCK"....maybe you would stand a better chance of weight dist. if you did it in the vehicle your racing.....JMO :finga:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i guess 81scrambo cant read because i defenitly said TRUNK and not TRUCK! but thanks alot for those of you who answered me. i do like this site and am on it alot! find a lot of cool shit here!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i guess 81scrambo cant read because i defenitly said TRUNK and not TRUCK! but thanks alot for those of you who answered me. i do like this site and am on it alot! find a lot of cool shit here!
Look at you title: Re battery relocation to TRUCK help
Yep, I read it right. Just shittn with you phuckstick....geezzz :butthead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts