Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the NOS coming on with a WOT switch and hit it rihgt out of the gate. I use about one 10 lb bottle for 2 1/4 mile passes(NOS shut off at 1/8). Car runs low 9's spraying half track. Is this normal? I turn on the bottle heater but it doesnt seem to get up to pressure. I think it should be like 1000-1100 for it to hit harder? HOw long does it take ou guys to get up to pressure and what pressure is optium. Purge only comes out like 12" out of line. I have regular NOS purge kit. Suggestions please...

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have the NOS coming on with a WOT switch and hit it rihgt out of the gate. I use about one 10 lb bottle for 2 1/4 mile passes(NOS shut off at 1/8). Car runs low 9's spraying half track. Is this normal? I turn on the bottle heater but it doesnt seem to get up to pressure. I think it should be like 1000-1100 for it to hit harder? HOw long does it take ou guys to get up to pressure and what pressure is optium. Purge only comes out like 12" out of line. I have regular NOS purge kit. Suggestions please...
900 to 950lbs,it all depends on how big the shot is how much you use.And it all depends on how much nitrous is in the bottle how long it takes to heat up,hope this helps.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
unless you have some 40pills in a fogger something is off...what do you have for a kit and what jets?

how much do you purge?if you dont have an in car guage just purge till white comes out..that means 1 to 2 seconds normally.

do you weigh your bottle after you get it filled?make sure they arent short changing you.

i also use 950psi...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a big shot kit and hit it with the recommended 300 pills. Im not sure exacly what numbers they are. I usually purge until white comes out and usually 1-2 seconds. What kind of gauge are you talking, pressure?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
unless you have some 40pills in a fogger something is off...what do you have for a kit and what jets?

how much do you purge?if you dont have an in car guage just purge till white comes out..that means 1 to 2 seconds normally.

do you weigh your bottle after you get it filled?make sure they arent short changing you.

i also use 950psi...
After I replyed I forgot to ask if he has a leak some where.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
I have a big shot kit and hit it with the recommended 300 pills. Im not sure exacly what numbers they are. I usually purge until white comes out and usually 1-2 seconds. What kind of gauge are you talking, pressure?
i have an in car guage for bottle pressure..i leave at 950 every pass.

with a single 300hp fogger i change my bottle every 2 1/8 mile passes...on a 3rd pass it will fall off a little....now i run 2 bottles at a time.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
depends on your rules what you do and what lines you need to have....2 short #6 lines and a Y block then a #6 line to the solenoid is what i would use for a single kit..

my car has the bottles where the pass seat goes...2 lines to the engine bay and a t to combine the lines in the engine area..from there 4 lines feeding the 4 nitrous solenoids...i have 2 foggers on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts