Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard different views. just a very small drip in my daughters car. but i don't want it to turn into a mess. thanks in advance

·
Registered
364 Posts
get the stuff with the pellets. take radiator cap off then start the car and let it get to temperature. add the bars leak and drive it. i NEVER had a problem with that stuff, and it works. do not follow the directions on the bottle or it may plug your cooling system. the directions tell you to put it in cold.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Used it several times including last week. Badbee's right, use in moderation. I've used the "liquid aluminum" to good success, but used WAY less than the bottle says. Like at most a couple ounces. Works fine, especially for the really small, very slow leaks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That bars leak is some nasty shit.When you do get a new rad you will be flushing your system for while trying to get rid of that.
If you have a small leak in your rad try some good old fashion Black Pepper.Worked for me years ago in my beater

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
That bars leak is some nasty shit.When you do get a new rad you will be flushing your system for while trying to get rid of that.
If you have a small leak in your rad try some good old fashion Black Pepper.Worked for me years ago in my beater
Listen to this guy. Bars leak= plugged up everything,,,TLW.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
BG products sells a radiator sealer best in the game!!!!!! doesnt plug stuff up and will do the job perfect

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,425 Posts
what kind of car and where is the leak coming from? If it's something like a water pump then you wasting your time, at the risk of clogging a heater core. If you must use a sealer then the BG stuff and the Justice Brother sealers are really effective.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I had a Freeze Plug that was leaking and used the Moroso Ceramic Seal. It was leaking pretty bad and sealed it right up. Guess they didn't get enough sealer on it when they stuck it in. If it hadn't been on the back of the cylinder head against the firewall I would have just replaced it. But was trying to not have to pull the engine back out.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Black pepper FTW! Rice works also, but only for your enemies!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Why would a professional engine builder recomend you put a small bottle of Bars Leak in a brand new race engine??? Note I have copper head gaskets BTW

1 - 20 of 25 Posts