Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my BG280 pump back to Barry Grant to be repaired after I was told how it was $25 to replace a seal if it was leaking. The pump was used for less than a year without an issue, removed for 2 months and then reinstalled. Upon reinstallation, it started to leak. It worked fine when removed and I thought the seals were dried up or something. I was told by MANY friends not to send it back because it would be a waste of time. I should have listened. But after being told by a [email protected] that it wouldn't be like that, it was like that. I will sell this pump as soon as it gets back and NEVER use a Barry Grant part on anything I own. I will also let everyone else know how I was screwed. MagnaFuel just got another customer.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Having a hard time figuring out what your pissed about??? What didn't they do??? Or are you pissed because it leaked in the first place...????

Rick

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
Product Engineering a great product , and great customer service.
I have had mine in car for 6 years now.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
most pumps like that will do the same. once the seals have touched fuel you cant let them dry out . if out of car cap pump off with mineral spirits in it it will last years

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
most pumps like that will do the same. once the seals have touched fuel you cant let them dry out . if out of car cap pump off with mineral spirits in it it will last years
I've had Magnafuel pumps sit out for weeks, completely dry and after reinstalling they never leaked a drop. Hell I just sold one that still had the old Magnaflow name on it to a guy that had been sitting dry in my shop for a year and he installed it without an issue or a leak. I've never had a BG pump last more than a year without leaking, their quality control in my opinion has totally gone down the shitter over the past few years. I no longer recommend BG parts to my customers.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I sent my BG280 pump back to Barry Grant to be repaired after I was told how it was $25 to replace a seal if it was leaking. The pump was used for less than a year without an issue, removed for 2 months and then reinstalled. Upon reinstallation, it started to leak. It worked fine when removed and I thought the seals were dried up or something. I was told by MANY friends not to send it back because it would be a waste of time. I should have listened. But after being told by a [email protected] that it wouldn't be like that, it was like that. I will sell this pump as soon as it gets back and NEVER use a Barry Grant part on anything I own. I will also let everyone else know how I was screwed. MagnaFuel just got another customer.

don't feel bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Barry Grant himself told a buddy of mine at a national event to send his pump back into them for a rebuild free of charge due to leaking problem also...

Long story short BG charged him $195.00 to rebuild his 1 yr. old pump...

He now runs what i do PE(product engineering) pump without ANY problems...

mines now 6 yrs old with alky and gas run threw it..;)

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
I've had Magnafuel pumps sit out for weeks, completely dry and after reinstalling they never leaked a drop. Hell I just sold one that still had the old Magnaflow name on it to a guy that had been sitting dry in my shop for a year and he installed it without an issue or a leak. I've never had a BG pump last more than a year without leaking, their quality control in my opinion has totally gone down the shitter over the past few years. I no longer recommend BG parts to my customers.
x2, i've had a magnaflow sit around for a while and not leak,yup, barry grant's stuff has gone down the crapper...couldn't give there shit to me.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I've had great results with BG....customer service has always been good and the original 400 that was in my roadster sat for close to four years after running alky and didn't leak...the alky ate the impeller up...but it didn't leak. The new titanium 400 works awesome...!!!!!

Rick

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
you can buy after market o rings and install them in no time in their pump,every BG pump i had did leaked after a while,steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The bill for repair was $105 for all kinds of parts that it "needed". The pump worked fine, just had an annoying drip when I sent it back. They tell me it was trashed inside. After about a year???? And the supply line was a #10, it was gravity fed and it has a 500GPH filter before the pump. It was plumbed properly. The pump comes with anti-tamper screws so I couldn't open it before i sent it. I can't see inside the pump once take it apart. They have me by the balls and I have no choice. I preferred the old days of going and buying a rebuild kit for $15 to fit my Holley blue pump and fixing it myself. So now I will be getting a $105 repaired pump back and I will be selling it and switching to something else just to get personal satisfaction. :(

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
You might want to post it in the for sale section under a different user name after this rant.

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
this year switched from a BG400 to a Product Eng and I couldent be happier - I looked inside - beefier pump by far,half the noise..15.00 rebuild kits - Sold the BG for 300 on Ebay bought the new pump for 375...75 bucks for peace of mind

BG FTL

1 - 20 of 126 Posts