Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual, there's NO pattern at B-J. Prices all over the place. Nice 4 BBL 58 Vette-$140K, nice 57 Fuelie Vette-$70K. And a so-so pro touring post model Chevelle, that will be out of style before i finish this, went for MORE than the 57 Vette Fuelie. Discuss

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
As a post Chevelle owner I was very surprised it brought 82k! but it was very clean

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
I was expecting that mid engine twin turbo 63 Vette to go for more then it did.....................I was also shocked @ how much that 57 Truck went for ($143,000.00)

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I would like to know more about the hearse that hauled Kennedy,is it real or not...

No it was not, it was owned by the same furnal home but not used to haul kennedy.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Back in the old days, we in the classic car business always used B-J as the barometer for classic car pricing for the following year. That is no longer true. The circus atmosphere, shill bidding, and all around goofiness that occurs, it is merely a freak show that all the guys with too much money like to go to to have their egos stroked.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
A wonder how much of the value of these cars has to do with who did the work on them?
Good question; I saw the "last Coddington, ever!" go for "only" 70G.

The thought of those guys that have over 1M in disposable income to buy several of these overpriced rides at one sitting makes me wanna puke from jealousy.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I was expecting that mid engine twin turbo 63 Vette to go for more then it did.....................I was also shocked @ how much that 57 Truck went for ($143,000.00)
How much did that mid engine Vette go for? I remember seeing that thing at the last BJ auction at the OC fairgrounds. I talked to the guy for a while, seem to be a pretty cool ...(being that my drunk father in law almost spilled this beer all over it)... There was a lot of one of a kind shit on that car...

·
Registered
325 Posts
71 Buick GS convert went for $105k
Yet a 70 Apollo White GSX goes for only $72k
And a Vette just before that goes for $220k???? I know the Vette was a 17,000 mile survivor, but the paint was bad, panels separating... I don't get it.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
I think it was like $123K

How much did that mid engine Vette go for? I remember seeing that thing at the last BJ auction at the OC fairgrounds. I talked to the guy for a while, seem to be a pretty cool ...(being that my drunk father in law almost spilled this beer all over it)... There was a lot of one of a kind shit on that car...

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
funny how we try to use comparisons as an estimate of value.... because that is all we really have to go on ....but the truth is the cars are only "worth" what the highest bidder is willing to pay ....

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Anyone care to guess how many of the "sold" cars actually go home with a new owner?
yes i am ...i watch it every year yet i have never looked into this...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts