Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More Updates on www.ADRL.com

Barklage Crashes Hard in Q2

Cody Barklage of Lake Ozark, Missouri, was uninjured in a heavy crash into the right wall of South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP) during round two of Pro Extreme qualifying for the ADRL Hardee’s Georgia Drags VI.
Barklage, who started from the left lane, lost traction almost immediately off the launch and crossed over behind John Stanley, who safely made it down the right lane.
“It made a pretty abrupt turn and I cocked the (steering) wheel back, but there really wasn’t much I could do for it,” the young driver told the SGMP crowd in an interview with ADRL announcer Bret Kepner.
Barklage quickly exited the burning car while trackside ADRL safety workers brought the fire under control.
“It was hard to see, but I could feel the heat, that’s for sure,” Barklage said. “At first I got excited and started panicking trying to get out, but then I thought about what I was doing and just did what I’ve been trained to do.”
A full sequence will be posted at www.ADRL.us shortly.
(ADRL/Bunsold photo)
April 23, 2010 - 3:51 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.Dragzine.com Coverage
Chevelle Rob
Smoked Another SBC

Re: *** OFFICIAL ADRL UPDATE THREAD ***
Cody Barklage crashed into the wall just a few minuites ago, He is ok

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cody Barklage Fire

cody got loose just after the 60' and headed across the track and hit the wall. he was out very quickly and is OK.

Stay tuned to www.dragzine.com for race updates

·
Registered
68,918 Posts
Hope he has insurance om the car but glad he is OK.
He probably does but the coverage stops as soon as he turns onto the track. Race car insurance covers the car everywhere but on the track.

Glad that he is ok.

·
Dina Parise Racing
795 Posts
Glad he is ok....

·
Registered
68,918 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
He probably does but the coverage stops as soon as he turns onto the track. Race car insurance covers the car everywhere but on the track.
On track coverage is around $2500 to $3500... For how many cars are getting wrecked lately it's cheap ins to have....

Sucks he wrecked,glad he is ok and will be able to race again.

·
Registered
68,918 Posts
On track coverage is around $2500 to $3500... For how many cars are getting wrecked lately it's cheap ins to have....

Sucks he wrecked,glad he is ok and will be able to race again.
Mark, is that cost per event or annual ? If annual, I don't see how an insurance co could stay in business long. Even if they did manage to sign up a 100. These cars are not cheap to build nor operate.

Also, I can see an insurance co paying off if both cars make contact with each other and both cars are covered with on-track insurance. I'm curious to know if there is any insurance co that will pay off if the covered car makes only contact with the wall and suffers serious damage as a result.

I carried ins on my car and stuff. But the ins co didn't offer on-track coverage.

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Ooooof! Glad he's ok.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts