Discussion Starter #2
3085_zps0bfbcf4f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
first blend

injector bungs get bolted to the jig while they are welded in

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gonna have to cut some of the angle iron down. Don't think this is low enough in the runner?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Looks like a ton of work! Can't wait to see it done!

Why the Jr.? What are your plans/reason with not starting with another maniford? Also, thoughts on increasing the plenum area?

Looks good so far!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Why the Jr.? What are your plans/reason with not starting with another maniford? Also, thoughts on increasing the plenum area?

Looks good so far!
It is a shit ton of work, loving it though.

It's just what I had. It was a good deal.

I am trying to even the flow with the four corner runners vs the middle more so than increasing total plenum area. I also am looking to create a smoother radius in the elbow

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Looks good so far!
My plan is 8 gasoline injectors and 8 methanol injectors in an octane on demand setup

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I started to do this but noticed the end runners had smaller cross section. It looks like you significantly shortened the end runners. Does shortening the end runners reduce flow?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those intake runners were not modified near as much, but increasing the elbow/plenum area smoothed out flow substantially.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nice looking work. What is the purpose of the spike on the front and rear of the plenum besides adding volume?
No intention with the spike, it's just the shape of the piece that was cut out and re-used.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts