Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like it says ! i saw in another post that someone was making them, i am doing ribs and a big picnic on my smoker for sunday and thought that it would be a good idea . lets here em !

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
just like it says ! i saw in another post that someone was making them, i am doing ribs and a big picnic on my smoker for sunday and thought that it would be a good idea . lets here em !

we do very simple deal...

Pizza stone and single layer of chips with cheese put in oven...

When cheese is melted, add pre cooked chicken chunks lightly tossed in your favorite bbq sauce. Put back in oven to warm.

Bring back out, add another layer of chips and cheese, back in the oven to melt the cheese. When that cheese is melted add some more cheese, fresh lettuce, and some jaleponose and spash your favorite bbq sauce on top.

Sounds like a pain in the ass but its easy and doesnt take that long.

I wouldnt have to do this if the wife allowed me to get a salmander in the kitchen:p

·
Sizeable Member
7,734 Posts
Maybe do them similar to bbq chicken pizza? Most use some combination of bbq sauce, smoked gouda, parm, mozzarella, or jack cheese, red onion and cilantro. There's lots of recipes on the 'net that I'm sure could be adapted.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to substitute the chicken with pork ! whats your thoughts bout that ?

·
Sizeable Member
7,734 Posts
Bbq pork, hot pepper rings, sharp (or at least aged...) provolone piled up on nachos? Might work. Or maybe pork, pickled jalapenos, red onions and jack cheese?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
holy crap did i hit a home run with this !!! smoked a 8lb shoulder on sat . 275 with my usual pork rub, pulled it at 195 and pulled the bone out ! then i used sweet baby rays sweet n spicey sauce, and some more of my rub to make pulled pork. i did chop it smaller. then sunday at 1pm i put a thick layer of round nacho chips ( 2 inches thick ) on a large cookie sheet. then i covered with two lg. bags of shredded jack cheese and put it on my traeger till completely melted. pulled it out put down all the bbq pork in a thick layer and covered in another layer of jack, and a splashing of medium nacho cheese and then squirted more q sauce on top and back in traeger till cheese melted. now back out on table and put a layer of green onions chopped up and chopped tomato and chopped jalopenos . then a nice thick layer of sour creme on top and serve ! they killed it !

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is the fast but really good way! Boil your chicken breast then shred it all! Put all your favorite spices garlic seasoning salt pepper and then throw some sweet baby's rays on top and blend it all together while its frying now! Then get the block of cheddar cheese cube it up melt it slow while thinning it out with milk... Then in a plate layer your chips then chicken then cheese and serve with sour cream and jalapeños! I love it

·
Former RJ instigator
41,600 Posts
That's a easy one.....

plate full of tortilla chips, pile high with pulled pork, drizzle with bbq sauce of choice and then drizzle with nacho cheese sauce ( we like rotell dip ), a few sliced jalapenos on top, dollop or two of sour cream, done......

It ends up looking just like this
and I must say, they are ass kicking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts