Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect some folks will be moving their banking as a result...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bank-...html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

NEW YORK (AP) -- Bank of America plans to start charging customers a $5 monthly fee for using their debit card for purchases.
The fee will be rolled out starting early next year.
A number of banks have either rolled out or are testing such fees. Bank of America's announcement carries added weight because it is the largest U.S. bank by deposits.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
BOA is and always will be the worst bank in America. I had an account with them many years ago when they first acquired Barnett Bank. It didn't take them long to piss me off and I took my business to a local Credit Union. Never looked back. BOA is only out for themselves and their greed.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Two words.USE CASH
How do you guys who always say "Use Cash" pay your bills?? Christ I'd be running to the Jiffy Store constantly for Money Orders just to pay the bills. Phuk that!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
It's not just BOFA but everyone of these nitpicken fee's. I really don't know what do do anymore. Cells phones look great but then there is a little tax here and a little 911 fee here and a communications fee here and all of a sudden you went from $99/month to $180.00/month. Cable TV the same, credit cards don't even get me started. 9% interest never late, always pay more than the minimum and I get a letter saying they are raising the interest to 29.5%. WTF. I don't think the mafia charged my Dad than much in the old days? Paypal fees, extra fees if you pay cash on the turnpike instead of using Easypass. Extra fees on my car insurance for un-insured motorist. My wife just had to be hospitalized for 2 days with numbness in her face. They ran all kinds of test's met with all kinds of doctors bottom line they aren't sure waht it is. Insurance bill is $18,500 for the two days and they haven't told he what wrong. She is now home still with the pain. Are other people having these same problems or is it just me?

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
charliep said:
Are other people having these same problems or is it just me?
Ditch the big cell-phone plan, credit cards, and cable TV and many of those problems will be gone. The medical expenses thing sucks... that is what insurance is supposed to be for. They are criminals.

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
BOA is only out for themselves and their greed.
. . . not defending them but they are a business, who should they be out for ? Isn't the purpose of being in business to make money ?

I'll come clean and admit my wife works for BOA in a management position and she's not happy with the way they are doing a whole bunch of stuff. But the problem here is that they are so big and have so many more customers that they get hi-lighted more than a smaller bank when something like this comes to light. It amazes me how many people want free services when they are on the service end of the deal but aren't willing to give away their own services. You wouldn't believe how many people come into her bank bitching about having to pay the non-account holder fee to cash a check every week and when they tell them if they don't want to pay a fee they would have to take it to their bank and get the response, "well they are way out of my way", but that is the "good" bank they chose to call their own and bank with.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You can run but you can't hide. Most all banks including the gang of five will be charging fees for everything. I knew about this from the Clark Howard show months ago and posted on here last week. A law was passed reducing the amount banks can charge merchants for debt and credit card transaction fee, I think it went from .44 to .21 and now they are going after the customers to make up the difference. Went to a credit union and never looked back. Banks hire dozens of MBA's just to come to work and figure out how to phuck over the customers and make money for the banks. Remember the best way to rob a bank is to own one. LOL

:-Shower=Banks

Paul

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Suntrust is doing something very similar. They no longer have free checking though and are going to charge you when you use your debit card.
My business account is with them and if they start charging me for using my business debit card, I will be moving my business to the Credit Union also.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It's not just BOFA but everyone of these nitpicken fee's. I really don't know what do do anymore. Cells phones look great but then there is a little tax here and a little 911 fee here and a communications fee here and all of a sudden you went from $99/month to $180.00/month. Cable TV the same, credit cards don't even get me started. 9% interest never late, always pay more than the minimum and I get a letter saying they are raising the interest to 29.5%. WTF. I don't think the mafia charged my Dad than much in the old days? Paypal fees, extra fees if you pay cash on the turnpike instead of using Easypass. Extra fees on my car insurance for un-insured motorist. My wife just had to be hospitalized for 2 days with numbness in her face. They ran all kinds of test's met with all kinds of doctors bottom line they aren't sure waht it is. Insurance bill is $18,500 for the two days and they haven't told he what wrong. She is now home still with the pain. Are other people having these same problems or is it just me?
Hospitals routinely run credit reports to see what thier chances are of getting paid. I wouldn't be surprised if they used this information to determine just how much care your going to get. Wait till Obamacare, patients will be dying to get care. LOL

Paul

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
Ummmm, none, but I don't pay interest on my debit card either!... :smt102
I don't pay interest or annual fees on my credit cards either. EVERYTHING goes on my cards and gets paid off in full every month. I pay for my families airfare to the west coast every year with rewards points and still have points left over for other things. My cards are all cash rewards, I can even apply it to a monthly statement if I want.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.