Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started off with a sbc crank trigger setup on my car. But sold the classic and bought an xfi system. The classic was only bank 2 bank and now that i have the xfi i can run sequential. But I should have to use both cam and crank reference points in order to do so correctly. So from what I am thinking I can either change back to a standard msd distributor and use my crank trigger or remove all and get a distributor with cam and crank like fast sells.

What are you guys doing?

I know it would help idle better in sequential mode, but its a race car and dont idle long but if it will help me tune the car better all around then i want it.

Help me out?

Probably going to have a msd crank trigger crab cap distributor and moroso crank trigger setup for sale for sbc!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
keep the crank trigger and put one of those inductive cam sync deals on it
but like u said at 10000rpm i don't think you will see an advantage with sequential over b2b

·
Registered
595 Posts
ya the whole point of a crank trigger is to get away from using trying to find crank position based on cam position

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got off the phone with FAST earlier this morning they told me to use the crank trigger and get standard distributer from MSD, remove 7 tabs from the reluctor wheel on the distibutor. Distibutor for cam sync and crank trigger for crank sync. Works better and more accurate then the dual sync distributors. So where you get the inductive cam sync deal from, MSD or another company.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Louie you know anyone that wants a 87 TURBO T with a fresh built motor that should run 6.90's in the 1/8th, even have spare engine also.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The benefits to running sequential is better idle/drivability with 160lph injectors. If u snap off the 7 reluctor tabs make sure to make the rotor wheel adjustable so you can phase the rotor and then you will be able to use the indivual cylinder control function. This is very helpful as you will find that certain cylinders will require more fuel than others.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cam sync deal will only work on a programmable 7 series box, I have a 7al-2 , so i have to find a regular msd distributor now!

·
Registered
560 Posts
The cam sync deal will only work on a programmable 7 series box, I have a 7al-2 , so i have to find a regular msd distributor now!
IF you are trying to use the cam sync deal on your above combination with an XFI, you do not plug it into the MSD box. It is connected to the XFI cam hall effect connector. The XFI connects to the MSD box via the white points wire regardless of the MSD box.

Later JW

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I got off the phone with FAST earlier this morning they told me to use the crank trigger and get standard distributer from MSD, remove 7 tabs from the reluctor wheel on the distibutor. Distibutor for cam sync and crank trigger for crank sync. Works better and more accurate then the dual sync distributors. So where you get the inductive cam sync deal from, MSD or another company.
Also - Press the reluctor wheel off the distributor shaft, open up the diameter of the reluctor wheel so that it is a slip fit onto the distributor shaft. Drill and tap the reluctor wheel for a set screw. Now you can phase the distributor and the reluctor wheel.

Dennis

·
Registered
729 Posts
Also - Press the reluctor wheel off the distributor shaft, open up the diameter of the reluctor wheel so that it is a slip fit onto the distributor shaft. Drill and tap the reluctor wheel for a set screw. Now you can phase the distributor and the reluctor wheel.

Dennis
Has anyone ever had the stock reluctor to crack after installing a set screw? I see msd makes a billet reluctor.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Has anyone ever had the stock reluctor to crack after installing a set screw? I see msd makes a billet reluctor.
Yes. You can't put much torque on the standard reluctor or it will break.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dusty have you come up with a basic tune yet for me to start car, my distributor should be back next week. Then i will modify it and get everything all pahsed in. Installed the 160lb injectors yesterday I got from Jason Collins.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Yep. I got it worked up the week we talked it over. I just have to get it from my laptop to e-mail.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guy!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts