Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a follower.....ive read so many people talk about it, so many people love it, and some just cant do without it.....so i had to give it a try

My new 50mm 1.8 lens arrived today. It was by accident i found it as i was looking at buying something else actually. But it popped up on the screen in a side bar, caught my eye, and I said well this is my late Christmas present to myself. I hope its as good as a lot of you said it is...guess time will tell

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i snapped a few tonight in a dimly lit room at 1.8 iso 1000, 1/60th and it looked awesome. cant wait to try it at the track once the sun goes down.

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Doesn't work that great for shooting action, since it's about the slowest focusing lens canon makes.

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't work that great for shooting action, since it's about the slowest focusing lens canon makes.
I'm noticing that no after a few clicks. It's fast glass but has a slow motor. Still worth a shot at it

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much is that thing, Dom?

its the cheapest i could go with still sticking with a canon lens

its $120 from B&H, sometimes you can get refurb ones from canon or used ones on B&H as well as the for sale sections on photo sites. like i said, for the cheap price i wanted to see what the buzz was. Im sure it wont become a primary use lens for me, but im ok with having it in my bag for when i want it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12142-USA/Canon_2514A002_Normal_EF_50mm_f_1_8.html

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna have to put that one on my list. I just finally upgraded to a 50D that I got in a killer deal from a friend who had upgraded to a 5D.

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you can get them used or refurb'd for pretty cheap.

here is one for $90 shipped which is a killer deal for a lens.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=988233&highlight=50mm+1.8

this one is $100 shipped

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=988135&highlight=50mm+1.8

again, its not fast focusing but once in focus its fast little guy. just gotta get used to moving my feet as my zoom like in the old days. if you have the need for lens liek this that is super fast and has a decent motor look into the 50mm 1.4 lens. you can get them for $250-350 or the bad boy 50mm 1.2 for about $1500

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I borrowed one for a while and like it. The example I had was a little soft, but not too bad. It made me want the 1.4 though. I tried a 50mm on a film camera (full frame) and LOVED it. If I didn't have a crop camera I would want and use a 50 a lot more I think. I cant wait to see some of your pics with it though!

Sean

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I've got one, and its the fastest lens that i own.. because i'm poor ha

it's great for the money.. I use it around the pits and interchange between my standard kit 18-55. I'm using a T1i as well

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Bought my girlfriend one for Christmas. She's getting sharper portrait shots with it at 1.8 than I'm getting with my 24-70L!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts