Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
This is undoubtedly going to be a major headache. They have been moving down the hill to the east of the track for years, and now this is directly across the road. This is never a good thing for any racetrack to have people move in that close, as the noise complaints will start pouring in. Nevermind the track has been there for 60 years, its not a positive for the track... People suck.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,523 Posts
The beginning of the end for that track! That developer will have far more money to pay for the fight in court than the racetrack ever will.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
In the houses across the highway, new home buyers (old house or new) have to sign a waiver that addresses the noise from the track. Basically says they can't file any noise complaints and they understand that the house they are buying is next to the track.

I seriously doubt Bandimere will go anywhere. I do believe they will be involved in the development and will come up with something to protect the future of the track.....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
This is what happened to Sacramento Raceway in Ca. When you sit in the stands, you look at the back yards of houses less than a mile away. It is closing soon.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
In the houses across the highway, new home buyers (old house or new) have to sign a waiver that addresses the noise from the track. Basically says they can't file any noise complaints and they understand that the house they are buying is next to the track.

I seriously doubt Bandimere will go anywhere. I do believe they will be involved in the development and will come up with something to protect the future of the track.....
this will be useless as the paper its on. As soon as someone claims "mental anguish" and gets a shrink involved, it will change sadly. People suck

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,523 Posts

Good luck with that! Well-paid lawyers always get things changed. Happened at E-Town in NJ also.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I can remember racing at Bandimere when I was still in HS. You couldn't even see a house on that side of the hill. Back then that was deemed a green belt area and no one would ever build on it. I guess money talks more than standards. I'm curious how many of you on here remember being and or racing there when the pits were on the bottom and the original tower.

Here's a Bandimere trivia question for those who remember the old original tower. What was the design of the tower built around?

·
Registered
154 Posts
My grandfather has pictures of what I believe was the timing tower and it was a spark plug. That what your referencing? Crummy that developers keep gobbling the land up. Knowing darn well their is a track their.... my bucket list to race their one day I should probably trailer the car out there sooner then later.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I can remember racing at Bandimere when I was still in HS. You couldn't even see a house on that side of the hill. Back then that was deemed a green belt area and no one would ever build on it. I guess money talks more than standards. I'm curious how many of you on here remember being and or racing there when the pits were on the bottom and the original tower.

Here's a Bandimere trivia question for those who remember the old original tower. What was the design of the tower built around?
Nick, I grew up in Longmont. Been going to Bandimere since 1972. Really laid back track and a lot of fun back then. BUT the access road to the staging lanes from the original bottom pits was a nightmare when everyone was called up. AND if it rained?...oh shit what a muddy mess.
Erie and Thunder Road when I was a kid in the late 60's.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
BTW, there was nothing for miles all around that track back then. Morrison on the other side of the hill was nothing but a few houses and a gas station.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts