Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I can answer that I have the very best million dollar decadent dryer with motor guard and oil / water traps in front of it, with a brand new $40,000 40 P screw compressor. I turn the compressor down for the CFM I need to paint, it never breaks idle. We have to have a perfect dry system for blasting and painting. It is NOT the air system or painter.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thats the problem 3 times cheaper and now 3 time more expensive and I dont have the will to redo it now. Most expensive final assembly before paint.

I followed customer service advice, followed flash time advice. I've also tested multiple samples with varying drying/flash times 1, 2, 6, 12, right up to 24+ hours all the same outcome. I'm not the only one who experienced this, I wont use it again.

·
Registered
215 Posts
but fuck "SPI" epoxy and all the bandwagon bullshit that goes along with it. Fucken garbage boutique crap, all the "rumored problems"are real. Cost me a paint job and I'm sick and tired. I don't have the time or money to redo the whole car in and out.
Lesson learned the hard way, again.:smt093 $4000 of base and clear in the garbage.
No more being nice.
Anyone who hasn't used it consider yourself warned as was I.
$4000 or $2700 what ever it was is way to much. Only advice is don’t mix products. Could be a chemical reaction. Try Tamco paints the quality is second to none and the prices are great. Suck it up and redo, be happy it wasn’t a customers car.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
$4000 or $2700 what ever it was is way to much. Only advice is don’t mix products. Could be a chemical reaction. Try Tamco paints the quality is second to none and the prices are great. Suck it up and redo, be happy it wasn’t a customers car.
I told him about tamco. It's really all I use now

21 - 26 of 26 Posts