Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the idea is to make your car the same weight front and rear for perfect balance or should it be heavier on the front or rear?

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? i just weighed my car and was wondering if the balance was right. i have never got this deep into weight and ive heard of an instant center. what does that mean?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Instant center has nothing to do with the weight ballance. Yes you want to move as much weight behind the rear axle as you can but I can't tell you if having more weight on the rear tires than the front is good or not, no experience with that.

Instant center is the theoretical point where the rear will lift the front of the car to transfer weight. This is an adjustable point (front to rear, left to right) depending on how you adjust your chassis. Weather that is with caltracs or a four link or a stock Chevy triangulated four link. The idea is to adjust so that the car will transfer the weight quickly. If the instant center is too far forward then the car will fall back down on the front tires because the tourqe of the rear isn't enough to hold it up and the tires will unload and spin. If it is too rearward then you just lift the rear and don't transfer weight. Left or right and the car pulles one way or the other.

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
Like he said, 50-55% nose is heavy. Check into your organizations rules though to see if there is a requirement. Some categories require atleast a 54% nose weight

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its 60lbs heavier in the front. the car works super, i was just wondering about how weight works. thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts