Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 370 inch LSX with factory casting 4 bolt heads, So far with twin mp t70's its been [email protected] and [email protected] on 22psi and 3350lbs on a 275 radial. I know back pressure was becoming a problem and am now looking to move into something a little bigger.

So far my picks go as follows:

Turbonetics TC76 with .96 A/R
Master Power T76 With .96 A/R (Q trim)
Precision Turbo - Likely a 72mm standard wheel.

Im wondering what the gurus think will be the best suited for my aplication. This is a street/strip car about 60% street 40% strip, I am in the process of going fom a th400 to a 1.80 glide as well. The 70's spooled nearly instantly so Im hoping not to loose too much in spool time on the brake.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I'm not a guru, by any damn means, BUT I would love to see you stick to the master power "junk" and see what it could do with those 76 mm q trims.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a guru, by any damn means, BUT I would love to see you stick to the master power "junk" and see what it could do with those 76 mm q trims.

Kinda what I have thought as well,.

One of the 70's ate something early this year, chewed the wheel up pretty good.... The car went the fastest ever after this damage was done, Never even seemed to phase it.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
stick with the MPs. Put the MP76s on it and it will work better than the TC76s. PM Stroked-Z and talk to Carm. He has a lot of insight on this exact combo.

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
I have a 370 inch LSX with factory casting 4 bolt heads, So far with twin mp t70's its been [email protected] and [email protected] on 22psi and 3350lbs on a 275 radial. I know back pressure was becoming a problem and am now looking to move into something a little bigger.

So far my picks go as follows:

Turbonetics TC76 with .96 A/R
Master Power T76 With .96 A/R (Q trim)
Precision Turbo - Likely a 72mm standard wheel.

Im wondering what the gurus think will be the best suited for my aplication. This is a street/strip car about 60% street 40% strip, I am in the process of going fom a th400 to a 1.80 glide as well. The 70's spooled nearly instantly so Im hoping not to loose too much in spool time on the brake.

Thanks in advance for the help!
1- if your worried about BP, get the precision billet 71's , with 75mm turbine, with .81 a/r..... i think you will complain about broken parts before BP ....:p

2- 370 cubes ?.... turbonetics twin 72's. with F1-68 turbine, .96 a/r will keep you busy for awhile too...should be cheaper as well

3- why not try the master powers Q trim like little john asked? do you need 1500 hp ? the old MP should do that

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What hotside is on the turbos you are running now. Just for comparison sake. I would think the mp t76 q trim .81 a/r would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I used Turbonetics TC76 they worked great for me. contact jose @ forced inductions he can give you a bit more info about the tc76's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I used Turbonetics TC76 they worked great for me. contact jose @ forced inductions he can give you a bit more info about the tc76's.
x2, Im running twin TC76s, they spool just as fast as 62s which was a real nice suprise, and, they make real good power.

Im sure any one of those choices will make some big power.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was running the .68 a/r hotsides which I know was causing some major back pressure issues but I also know I was out of compressor at that point as well so might as well just step up the entire thing. I am still really leaning towards the mp76 Q trims. I like doing it on a budget and laying it to the guys who spend two to three times more. I figure it was around 1200 crank hp with the old turbos and we are making a few other changes along with the turbos:

Camshaft
More compression
1.80 pro glide
taking some weight out of the car

With that power the car went [email protected] and [email protected] and I would like it to run a 8.2x and a 5.3x if I can get it there on kill mode but that will depend on a lot of other factors, plus this is just a street car with only a 8.50 cert.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
wow!! I love that thing..you can barely see the cage in it!! Very nicely done!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cam used to be 242/238 @.050 and 610/605 lift on a 115 ..... New cam is not done yet so im not 100% on what the specs will end up on it.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
That's easy. Twin GT42's w/ PTE's billet 76mm wheel in a Tial SS V-Band Housing.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's easy. Twin GT42's w/ PTE's billet 76mm wheel in a Tial SS V-Band Housing.
Id like to keep it as a T4 flange to fit the current turbo kit lay out. Care to pm me a rough price on said turbo?

·
Registered
524 Posts
cam used to be 242/238 @.050 and 610/605 lift on a 115 ..... New cam is not done yet so im not 100% on what the specs will end up on it.
Thanks. Almost identical to the cam I run. 8.70's/155 at 3400lbs on 22psi. 347 cubes. I'm looking at something bigger cam-wise.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Yea, that's what, a 2400 dollar a piece unit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with you, you've done everything on a budget and have proven yourself to the guys that have 3x more and your faster. I say go with the mpt76 q trim.

What are you doing with your cam? Interested if you selling it.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with you, you've done everything on a budget and have proven yourself to the guys that have 3x more and your faster. I say go with the mpt76 q trim.

What are you doing with your cam? Interested if you selling it.
Cam has been re-ground for a bit more duration.

Bump for anymore info.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts