Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever flown in an Embraer 190, or actually flown one? Looks like a 3/4 scale 737 with a lot less weight and just as much thrust. The takeoff roll in the video begins about 3:15 and takes less than 20 seconds for V2 (wheels off the ground) to come up - and V2 speed on that plane is about 155mph. That's pretty quick for a jetliner.

Around 4:00 that thing goes into what has to be a 45-degree climb, almost F18-like. I'll bet there was plenty of WTF-ing going on inside that cabin. Later on the video shows the landing, which is just as abrupt as the takeoff was, appearing to stop in about the same distance it would take a Cessna 182.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have flown on these jets, they are very comfortable. They fly very well, less prone to movements by turbulence than 737 in my opinion. When inside you dont notice the reduced size.
Very comfortable

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Here is our answer to that airplane. Unbelievable Boeing 787 VERTICAL Take-off - Paris…:
And how about a 747-8? Cargolux 747-8 freighter (CLX789) delivery- crazy…:

·
Aviation Section
25,593 Posts
And another: Boeing787 aborted landing "Touch and go" at Farnb…: http://youtu.be/R2parpGk_rc
Nice! Would not say it was an aborted landing, just a well executed touch and go and I was actually surprised after some of the things those towel-head crews have done to perfectly good new aircraft! Dave

·
Aviation Section
25,593 Posts
Here is our answer to that airplane. Unbelievable Boeing 787 VERTICAL Take-off - Paris…: http://youtu.be/B5_8D8HCnS4.
And how about a 747-8? Cargolux 747-8 freighter (CLX789) delivery- crazy…: http://youtu.be/bnBr3enzW1I

The crew was very safe on that high performance takeoff, he left the gear down and retracted the flaps on a very slow schedule, he could have gone a lot faster but kept it on the safe side, prolly his Chief Pilot was in the crowd! Dave

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The shape of the 787's wing looks much more like a birds wing than most to me. Kind of like a seagulls or something like that?

Mother Nature has had a lot of wind tunnel time to design stuff.. :D

·
Aviation Section
25,593 Posts
The shape of the 787's wing looks much more like a birds wing than most to me. Kind of like a seagulls or something like that?

Mother Nature has had a lot of wind tunnel time to design stuff.. :D
Look at the ducktails on the rear fuselages (empanages) on most transport category aircraft now, the more our designers know, the more they learn that nature had it right the whole time! Dave

·
YB Managing Editor
51,426 Posts
JetBlue from Westchester to Orlando several times a year. I'll be on one the 17th. Nice comfortable planes.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,214 Posts
YEAH... THE WINGS LOOK AWESOME ON THAT 87

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Search 787 cross wind landing @ Moses Lake Wa. That's a great video! Did some functional tests on it this weekend, crazy advanced plane

1 - 19 of 19 Posts