·
Registered
13,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET---Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT----ET---Speed
41 Rodger Brogdon 32 Justin Humphreys
E1 0.032 No Time ****WINNER**** 0.037 6.679 205.44
Qualified: #2 6.644 208.01 #15 6.685 205.88
Brogdon has been making big noise, and is looking to take a place at the top of the class.

It was a good race until far down the track, when Brogdon's car made a massive move to the center line and then a nasty dart coming back to contact the retaining wall. The car went over on its way to the wall, and the front mounted fuel cell began dumping its contents into a decent sized fire.
Luckily, Humphreys was ahead and Brogdon passed behind him pretty closely.
That was about a scary as I've seen in the aftermath of a PS crash since Brogdon could be seen inside the car hanging from his belts. As always, the Safety Safari was on the scene in seconds and began to keep the fire from spreading and getting into the driver compartment.
They continued to step up the extinguising medium until the fire went out. Brogdon is out, talking, and alert. He's been released by the medical staff and is fine.
Checking the replay, the car started towards the centerline and actually crossed it at about 1000 feet. We're down for a cleanup.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Very Glad Roger is doing ok....

That being said, i'm setting the over/under at 4....

The amount of different times ESPN2 shows this accident coming in and out of commercials or highlighting the days racing activities.

·
102,312 Posts
What's with all the Pro Stock crashes lately?

·
Registered
19,969 Posts
As mentioned in other posts and threads the prostock cars are very "loose" as is....any other negative, like beyond 1000ft just compounds the problem

·
102,312 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
not sure if this is still true, but i heard Goodyear told NHRA to only spray to 800' because of the fuel cars chunking tires...

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Not that it was the problem on this run but,

Fuel cars also used to lay down rubber all the way to the end of the 1320 now they are only blowing oil out from a thousand on...lots of the tracks are like a piece of glass after 1050 ft or so.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts