Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we went to the track last night and everything was going good.We did the burn out and staged off the trans brake ,but lit the tires all first gear.went through the trap and hell broke loose,the tail shaft broke,driveshaft came apart,bent the torque arm,and shattered the jw bell . The converter is ok and the flexplate didn't come apart.I have never seen a trans come apart like that at the top end of the track

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it can be fixed ,just the sadness of the whole thing is that the trans was brand new and put in three days ago .I think the whole case might be split but untill we get it out we will not know. It ripped the JW bell right out from under the front pump

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
That sucks!
Saw it happen there once before. The trans FELL OUT of the car in the traps! What a mess that made.

That wasn't cheap junk that came apart either. I guess you got it stopped and kept it off the wall. My wife didn't tell me of any accident reports she had to do (that is part of her job there).

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no he got it stopped but what a mess.He said that he pulled to the wall so there wasn't parts and fluid all over . i was hoping to see you out there racing mike ?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
I've made over 130 passes so far this year!
I am just waiting for the Pinks all-out next weekend. Have my friend driving my car since they wouldn't let me race for money. If I couldn't race for money then I wouldn't be there. They said I could get the car entered and have someone else drive it. Bummer, but at least we can try. $10K to win and no entry fee, why not.

I set the car up to go 10.0's with him in it. He doesn't have a liscense and I don't want to risk having someone kill my car without wheelie bars!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Seen that exact thing happen before on our car. It appeared that the planetary came apart and locked it up. Broke the case, ripped the bell off the pump, destroyed the driveshaft, etc.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
Um......... WOW!
So much for an SFI flex plate shield............ Guess they are designed to keep the flexplate remains inside if something happens. I also see that they aren't indestructible if something goes wrong out back though! Man that sucks! Good thing he kept the car off the wall and nothing serious happened.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts