Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Man, I'm sure tired of hearing people on television mispronounce "jalapeno" in a hundred different ways.

Makes me wonder if there was really any salmonella, or just people with tender tummies who weren't familiar with the effects of hot peppers.

"Come on, ice cream!!!"

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
I will tell you being a chef, this is a little out of hand. The incident was weeks ago...how many of us have eaten tomatoes/jalapeños/cilantro since then??? The USDA issues these warnings and everyone stops eating whatever it is while they figure it out. Now, precautions are good but not when they can't narrow down even the food item to watch out for! Makes me want a big Moe's burrito right now!! Can you imagine is there was suddenly an outbreak related to beer?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I will tell you being a chef, this is a little out of hand. The incident was weeks ago...how many of us have eaten tomatoes/jalapeños/cilantro since then??? The USDA issues these warnings and everyone stops eating whatever it is while they figure it out. Now, precautions are good but not when they can't narrow down even the food item to watch out for! Makes me want a big Moe's burrito right now!! Can you imagine is there was suddenly an outbreak related to beer?!?!?!
Not only the inconvenience, but they cost the tomato growers millions of dollars - basically their entire year down the shitter - and nothing but a weak-ass apology to show for it. Oops.

Your tax dollars at work, folks.......Lord, protect us from those whose mission is to protect us.......

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
For any of you who haven't noticed the USDA and FDA are a joke today. I worked in the packaged food industry for 35 yrs and when I started in 1968 the USDA was a decently run organization and they inspected things but today it is a small group of foreign doctors, veterinarians, who apparently don't know squat or whatever. Lots of food issues and more illnesses and deaths from food problems than this country has ever seen. USDA is meats and the FDA is bakery and veggies. Small growers have been replaced by hugh corporations who own the farms and don't carry alot of overhead to control and monitor things. We eat the results. RM

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
I don't take any of it very seriously.....

Folks we been producing food for how long and "all of a sudden"....

Tell the government to PHUCK OFF....

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I don't take any of it very seriously.....

Folks we been producing food for how long and "all of a sudden"....

Tell the government to PHUCK OFF....

The issue is that some large corporations that farm in many countries are fertilizing with shit, literally. I suppose a little is normal but they must be going way beyond a little. Add to that a great deal of the fruits and veggies you eat aren't grown in this counrty anymore. Check the labels and you'll see. I hate big government and was a strong supporter of reducing it's size but I don't trust some guy in Guatemalia to not send me a germ or virus. We had a strong inspection system that served us well for years now the Koreans don't even want to eat beef made here. What does that tell you? RM

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
Do you really think that thru all the thousands of years people were regulating the food like they do today?

What did we all use for fertilizer before the days of chemicals? All we used was crap... and lots of it....

I see your points... but, something ain't adding up in my mind.

It's just like the kids today coming home from the Petting Farm on their school trip, and getting sick from it..... We been farming animals for thousands of years and not paying much attention to washing hands every 5 minutes..... again, something ain't adding up.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Money adds up nicely........

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
about shit.

farms still use loads upon loads of old rotten shit to this day. plants love it, and it is still better than a man made chemical.

apparently what is causing this is less likely farming and more likely sub-standard processing/storage/shipping. how long is american or canadian produce sit before its sold in a farmers market compared to shit that has to be moved in from central america?

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
More and more of our AG is being moved to Mexico/Central America. Our government is allowing it and even encouraging it. It frees up more land for ethanol crops. Our government is afraid of pissing off the Mexicans for some reason, so they are reluctant to point fingers. Meanwhile people are getting violently ill from shitty food. No pun intended! Once again, our love of "globalism" and free-trade bites us in the ass. Our love of the "family values-oriented", and hard-working third world is causing our downfall in many, many ways. Rampant crime, gang violence, sexual predation, identity theft, murder, rape, ESL, free health care, and now for added pleasure; tainted food. Thanks NAFTA and thanks open borders freaks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts