Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Grouch
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you marry a woman with no or bad credit.
My wife is a wonderful woman, The best that i have ever meet. But come to find out that she has no credit at all. As she was growing up her parents would not let her buy a car or get credit cards in her name. Well now she has lost the opportunity to work for a good employer because of her credit score. :mad:.
And now i wonder if her score will drag mine down as well.
What do you guys say?

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
Get a pre-nup...lol

·
The Grouch
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would marry her ten time over. But i would have liked to have her get her credit score up a little. I worked vary hard on mine for many years. And now being held back because of hers. Its sucks.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Dont worry about that,if you love her-it will be ok.
I had bad credit when I met my wife 19 years ago but,I had to start and work my way up,she can do that by small loan or hate to say but,small limit credit card(no large amount and watch the fees-some are bad)
You both can work together and she will get her credit started.
I hope this helps.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
In your case yes I would.
If she had bad credit through her own fault (not paying her bills)...kick her to the curb!

·
Registered
762 Posts
There is a big difference between "bad" credit and a low credit score because she has never HAD credit. IF she's never had credit she won't even be in the big 3 system. My wife is in the mortgage business and deals with credit all the time. If she's that great, why wouldn't you marry her??? Help her get her credit score up and have a wonderful life together!!

·
The Grouch
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are married already, I would not change that for the world. She puts up with me lol.
I am going to help her with the credit score thing of course. But she missed out on a job the she really wanted. I guess i need to show her the thing in life that her parents did not allow. :p

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If she has no credit score because she has not had any loans, then she just has no score. It does not mean she has bad credit.

How does she handle money now? Is she still living at home does she not have anything in her name? Rent, utilities, cell phone?
If she is forever broke living paycheck to paycheck, then you need to get on the same page financially before you comit to getting mariried.

If you go into this financially blind your only asking for trouble.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I am going to help her with the credit score thing of course. But she missed out on a job the she really wanted. :p

That is against the law.
In the credit bureau terms she would be known as a ghost, not a bad credit risk.
Called discriminatory employment practices.
I would have her contact the Ca. labor board and report the company.
They can decline to hire her for poor credit, but not for lack of it.

Believe it or not some people still work hard, save up, and pay cash for their stuff. The Federal Government knows this and has laws in place to protect people.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
The fact she has no credit established shouldn't have a reflection on your credit score @ all, For now i would buy small things in her name to great some credit in her name such as appliances or stuff you both could use

·
The Grouch
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If she has no credit score because she has not had any loans, then she just has no score. It does not mean she has bad credit.

How does she handle money now? Is she still living at home does she not have anything in her name? Rent, utilities, cell phone?
If she is forever broke living paycheck to paycheck, then you need to get on the same page financially before you comit to getting mariried.

If you go into this financially blind your only asking for trouble.

She has no credit, But does live check to check because she makes shit for money. I pay all the bills rent excreta. I am not to worried about her spending habits as i am the money Nazi in the house. I feel bad but the bills have to be payed so i can go racing. LOL j\k

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Go get her a small cc .. with a 250.00 limit ... use it like a fuel card and pay it off every month so your not paying any interest and her score with go up quickly
Posted via Mobile Device

·
The Grouch
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is against the law.
In the credit bureau terms she would be known as a ghost, not a bad credit risk.
Called discriminatory employment practices.
I would have her contact the Ca. labor board and report the company.
They can decline to hire her for poor credit, but not for lack of it.

Believe it or not some people still work hard, save up, and pay cash for their stuff. The Federal Government knows this and has laws in place to protect people.

Thats interesting. She is in the jewelry biz and i would think that would be one thing that the employer would look at considering she has axes to millions of dollars worth of gold and diamonds.
But yes she is a ghost as for as credit is concerned.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 39 Posts