Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate posting this stuff but;
All drivers are OK. Everyone walking, talking. Mike Neil 66 chevy hemi got crossed up just past 330 and hit the corvette (unknown) at the traps. Corvette rolled and ended up on the lid. Corvette had the worst damage, looks like a total. Mikes car has front clip damage.
Sorry don't have more info.
Here is a real poor video.
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/zimman/?action=view&current=crash.flv

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, sorry. I posted it so mabe someone could identify the other car and driver. I'm a phuckstick.
Zim

·
Registered
941 Posts
i think it was mike, michael has been driving their lumina lately. These guys are from milton/pace florida area. i will see if i can find out more info.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
99% sure it was mike. He's ok, as well as the vette driver, but both cars had sig. damage.
Zim

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
The other car belongs to Mark Roberts. A local T/S racer and customer who was running consistant 4.70s with a NA BB Chevy in his beautiful '63 Vette. I had just finished fixing handling issues he was having with the car 2 weeks ago and this was his first race out with it since. The car was on rails all night.

The Chevy II was all over the track during the entire run and according to everyone I spoke too said he should have lifted and called it a day but he didn't and ended up crossing over into Marks lane right in front of him. Mark was in the left lane, swerved right to try and avoid hitting him, clipped his left rear quarter panel and the car got up on the left side tires and flipped over all while hitting the right side guardrail, taking everything ahead of the motor.
This was Marks car.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
The guy in the Vette is Mark Roberts, from Gainesville, Fl. He's a division 2 Top Sportsman racer... They're both OK... The cars are pretty bad.. Sad to say, someone needs to talk to the Neil guy about consistantly driving "Over His Head".. He was on the verge of "Losing it" every run that he made, on a race track that was absolutely flawless all day and all night.. After witnessing this incident first hand, I'm glad no one was hurt..
Maddawg:(

·
Registered
16,599 Posts
Glad to hear evryones ok. Sorry for your losses guys.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Speculating on what happened and who did what is stupid. Only the guys in the cars can tell you what happened. There is alot going on at the end of the 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
185 Posts
the track was awsome i was down there with lance styck and his new mustang was running great, we lifted a gasket on the last qualifying round and it put the vette running this guy, i saw this car run all day also and he was out of control when he went to make this pass i told everybody to watch him he was out of control and damn he was was out of control the whole pass , he just lucky noone got hurt, hate to see anyones car get fucked up ....but damn this could have been helped ...

·
Registered
324 Posts
the track was awsome i was down there with lance styck and his new mustang was running great, we lifted a gasket on the last qualifying round and it put the vette running this guy, i saw this car run all day also and he was out of control when he went to make this pass i told everybody to watch him he was out of control and damn he was was out of control the whole pass , he just lucky noone got hurt, hate to see anyones car get fucked up ....but damn this could have been helped ...
How many blown cars have you driven?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hate to see that happen but when you have a heads up race everyone wants to win!! Sometimes its hard to say when! We here at SGMP are just happy to see both drivers walk away! :neutral:

1 - 20 of 215 Posts