Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Mother Hen
49,459 Posts
Anybody ever seen cars take flight like at South Georgia?
Bunches in South Georgia and always in that lane. Steve Jackson did it along with Dwayne Mills and several others. There used to be a combined picture of four cars that had flown like that. Putting the pictures side by side, they were airborn in almost the same attitude. It has been my belief that lane somehow funnels air, but usually they fly farther down track.

·
Badrooster
19,293 Posts
HOLEEE FUCK! That video is unreal. How far did that fucker fly? Hope he had his Teefus guard in. Oh, and it DID NOT look soft.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I am surprised they haven't done anything like mandating wheelie bars (even 3' off the ground). You have cars taking flight, imagine if one went into the bleachers.

·
Registered
946 Posts
wheelie bars unload the rear tires when using a stiff sidewall radial-way different than running slicks and wheelie bars
I returned to re-watch the launching wondering how it got so dam airborne?.... That car got fully airborne in amazingly short distance. Old Don Garlits looks to have gone airborne at 1/8 mile:
I wonder why they can't run wheelie bars that have lots of play vs the hard sidewalls, though I'm sure it's already been tried?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
They can run wheelie bars if they want for "safety", I believe it's a +40lb penalty though, hitting the bars hard may even cause more problems on a radial,

21 - 40 of 43 Posts