Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one had a problem with just 1 bad hole I have a sbc number 2 eats plugs like there going out of style its done it with a plate with a single fogger and a dual fogger changed carbs on a 36 jet with the rest of the motor has 10 jet spread it has a 4 jet we put c-23 and 11 ngk it helped a little motor very happy according to the vacuam but add a degree of timing bam there goes the plug so I cant turn up the timing for the rest of the motor and it has no heat in it

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
its the same on my car Pictured #2 is the most timing sensative i have twocarbs and sheetmetal intake ,dont know why,its the longest plug wire but i think it would be the oppisite?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We can but its crazy how off it is. we did it this weekend and it worked but something has to be way off.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Have heard of guys with one off hole in motor... WAy off. Ended up being valve events on that cylinder different than the rest

·
Registered
593 Posts
That's the typical "bad hole" on a Chevy. Kind of like #7 on an ls motor

·
Registered
180 Posts
The same thing happen to me 3 time back to back on the #8 hole!!! I pulled 2* out the 3rd time an it still burned the strap off....

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
I would have to say as well on the SBC and BBC that if you were going to pick one commonly hot hole, it would be number two. There are a number of ways to approach fixing the issue. ICT, jetting, compression, cam, valve lash and so on.. Not sure on all the particulars in this combo, but it may be as simple as the whole combo's a little close to the edge and the #2 is just first to check out.. Please feel free to give me a call if you'd like to better discuss your deal.. Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey Red, put some blanks in #2 hole--i have heard it works just fine---LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts