Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,668 Posts
That green '47 is all that needs to be shown........................

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Nice but this show should have stayed in the bay area where it started at.
The city council in Oakland would rather have no commerce and to hell with tradition. My buddy built 2 Roadster Show class winners (not AMBR....they were 55 and 56 Chevys) Politicians in Oakland are IDIOTS....there was middle Eastern money being offered on a new stadium and housing development....they screwed around and interest waned...it would have turned swamp land into a nice Bay front development....

I remember going to the Roadster show as a kid watching the drive off at the end of the show...one year there was a boogie van with a blown Hemi in it....the guy did a burn out leaving the show and the mirror hit a spectator and sent them off in an ambulance....good times.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm not really into the chromed out stuff, but the talent that is put into them is incredible. I have a '42 Harley Davidson that was a project of my grandpa who passed away in 1991. I'm thinking I'll finally get around to messing with it this year and I'm planning on doing a color scheme like the black and white one above, but keeping it fully dressed. I've had a couple newer Harleys but I'm not the typical Harley guy and don't know much about the older ones, so I'm trying to get a better understanding of them before I start on it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The city council in Oakland would rather have no commerce and to hell with tradition. My buddy built 2 Roadster Show class winners (not AMBR....they were 55 and 56 Chevys) Politicians in Oakland are IDIOTS....there was middle Eastern money being offered on a new stadium and housing development....they screwed around and interest waned...it would have turned swamp land into a nice Bay front development....

I remember going to the Roadster show as a kid watching the drive off at the end of the show...one year there was a boogie van with a blown Hemi in it....the guy did a burn out leaving the show and the mirror hit a spectator and sent them off in an ambulance....good times.....
They moved the show to the cow palace

·
Aviation Section
27,405 Posts
I was trying but none of those really grabbed me. We had our Vintage Motorcycle Show here in South Florida yesterday, very nice and the weather was perfect! Met up with John Long and many other famous builders and racers there from the bottom, even my wife had a good time which is saying something! Dave

·
Aviation Section
27,405 Posts
They moved the show to the cow palace
That was the best part of Corvette NCRS when it was at Cypress Gardens years ago, all the photogs would be at the exit to the show when the cars came off the grass by the water and almost all of those guys would stand on it for the crowd when they hit the asphalt on the road out! Good times A side-piped L88 on old tires would smoke up the place! Dave

·
Banned
15,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was trying but none of those really grabbed me. We had our Vintage Motorcycle Show here in South Florida yesterday, very nice and the weather was perfect! Met up with John Long and many other famous builders and racers there from the bottom, even my wife had a good time which is saying something! Dave
AWESOME pics, thanks for posting:p

·
Aviation Section
27,405 Posts
AWESOME pics, thanks for posting:p
Sorry buddy, don't have a account to post pictures and don't want one, am not on ******* either and will never be. I do have a nice picture from Christmas of my middle brother wearing all 5 Patriots Super Bowl rings if you want to host it for the people here, you can start a thread about it.

He is soon to get 6 as Kraft gives rings out to the right people even if they don't win, they just have to be there.

Send me an email address and I will get it to you. The only pictures I took yesterday were of a Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, Prolly a bike no one on here has ever heard of but a favorite of mine. Dave

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.