Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a 60 Plymouth post car with a 3-on-the-tree and the "Leaning Tower of Power" that is my run to the beer store car. I call it the HippieMobile. It is not restored or going to be restored. It doesn't have air, radio, power steering, or power brakes. It is just a knock-around car and going to stay that way. I'd recently ripped out the ratty interior, cleaned the rust-free floor to bare metal, and painted with POR15. THere are progree photos of what I've been doing to this car over at Car Builds (Progress Threads)

I wanted a New Mexico Apache Indian theme to the car -- and bought 4 Indian blankets of two contrasting colors with Turquoise of the exterior and green of the interior, and took to Hose-A's El Cheapo Interior shop. I picked up today. I'm sure most will hate it -- but its exactly what I wanted. The seat inserts are of one Indian blanket shade -- while the door panels and headliner are the other. New vinyl and carpet. I'll have floor mats made from the left over blanket material.

Next is for Dallas to soda blast a set of wheels for new tires; new cap, rotor, wires, points, condenser, and rotor; new brakes and adjust clutch; find Clifford 2bbl intake and new exhaust; then from there improve it a little at a time as I enjoy it as my daily driver.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
I like it. Looks great.
Is that actually the name of the shop?

·
Banned
15,344 Posts
Nothing to hate there dude.

If I had an El Cheapo guy near me I woulda done the same thing on at least 2 old cars I've redone & sold.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Cool idea. Looks good.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,424 Posts
Nothing to hate there dude.

If I had an El Cheapo guy near me I woulda done the same thing on at least 2 old cars I've redone & sold.
X2.. Are you kidding me? Who the phuck would hate that? It's cool, different and I bet it's invariably sweet smelling compared to the old ratty stuff. :finga:

I would be proud to cruise around in it with you. :smt023

·
Registered
951 Posts
totally dig it

Ray

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Not my cup-of-tea.

With that said, it's a really cool car, the workmanship is outta site
,,,TLW

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Had a buddy in High School, take his panel van to Tijuana (we lived 5 miles N. of the border) to get it "diamond tucked"!...

Brought it home......................... the next morning it was sliced to shit with a razor blade!...
Guess they wanted HIM to take their weed across the border!... :smt102

1 - 20 of 43 Posts