Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the track this past weekend. last time out was a best of 11.75 at 115.8 with a 1.71 60'. for this weekend i removed the front swaybar, adjusted the clutch a lil, and switched to a set of 275/60 hoosier drag radials. ran an 11.67 and a pair of 11.64's with a best 60' of 1.61. 117 mph. i really like the hoosier over the m/t dr radials i was running. i still want to go 1 more time this year and try the 950hp carb i have, and hopefully pickup .2 with it. very happy with my new motor this year, already faster than my expectations. hoping for some 11.40's with the carb and some cool weather

·
Registered
23,699 Posts
went to the track this past weekend. last time out was a best of 11.75 at 115.8 with a 1.71 60'. for this weekend i removed the front swaybar, adjusted the clutch a lil, and switched to a set of 275/60 hoosier drag radials. ran an 11.67 and a pair of 11.64's with a best 60' of 1.61. 117 mph. i really like the hoosier over the m/t dr radials i was running. i still want to go 1 more time this year and try the 950hp carb i have, and hopefully pickup .2 with it. very happy with my new motor this year, already faster than my expectations. hoping for some 11.40's with the carb and some cool weather
Yep, before, you were just trying to break into solid elevens, now ya want 11.40's, next you will be praying to the God of speed begging for ten's........when will it ever end ? :smt102

(It wont,) Good job ! Your persistence is paying off nicely. !!:):)

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
My M/T radials are on there last leg,was debating on the hoosier radials or the hoosier qtp's. Nice runs!

·
Registered
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, it nice for once to make changes and have the car pick up. gonna try the bigger carb and tighten up the lash next time out

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Good work just keep a good base line and try what ever and see what works you will learn a lot and thats the fun of it.

·
Registered
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is actually fun this year, moving forward instead of back

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
My M/T radials are on there last leg,was debating on the hoosier radials or the hoosier qtp's. Nice runs!
I have a friend that runs the hoosier 275 drag radials and he's been 5.20's on a very conservative tune because it was the first time out with the new motor. He's hoping for some 4.9x's-5.0 at No Mercy. I seen one race awhile back that said hoosiers not allowed.:confused: To 61 4-speed, congrats and keep up the hard work because it seems to be paying off. I love your car, I had a 61 impala years ago and I sold a 62 biscayne not that long ago and now I wish I would have kept it. I think the 61 & 62 sedans make awesome looking hot rods, my 68 chevelle that I have been building is a sedan. Do you have some pics that you can email or post up on here? ;)

·
Registered
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this ones from yesterday, i think im putting the stock hood back on....

·
Big asses save lives...
1,237 Posts
....Glad to see the car is doing good... Looks awesome , straight as a pin and clean..... Would look sick with screwed black steelies on the back and cut down ones on the front with that stock hood... Did you do the rocher arm swap?

·
Registered
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
....Glad to see the car is doing good... Looks awesome , straight as a pin and clean..... Would look sick with screwed black steelies on the back and cut down ones on the front with that stock hood... Did you do the rocher arm swap?
thanks for the compliments, gonna do the rockers over the winter. may tighten the lash up for my last outing this year

·
Registered
837 Posts
I love seeing cars like this at the track rather than being a babied trailer queen that the fartherest it ever gets driven is off the trailer in & out of the garage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts