Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Google search was weak, would be useful to have that info tonight to help a brand new awesome customer! Check this out....

Jason's transmission failed on Saturday night (yesterday), he got up and dug it out Sunday afternoon (today) when it's 100+ degrees outside and sends me a text saying something like... "Hi Gilbert, you may not remember me, but a couple months ago we talked about upgrading my transmission. Well it broke last night when my wife was making a hit at the track. It seemed soft when I was in it making the first hit"

How cool is that? It's everybody's street / strip truck to have fun in! :cool:

I told him to bring it to me today, hell he dug it out the least I could do was run up to the shop and make it easy for him to drop it off on a Sunday afternoon right? Well shoot, he showed up with his wife and his two beautiful kids! HA!!! I love meeting folks who just bring everybody and everybody wants to know whats going on! Who can't get excited about helping a family in need right? Sometimes I feel like I'm blessed beyond my needs. And I mean it!

I am looking to convert their customers Z Gate TH400 shifter to a RVMB pattern... but I cannot find a part number for the gate plate and I'm tired of looking. I'll call B&M in the morning if necessary but I was wanting to put some numbers together for them tonight ya know....

Any help is appreciated! Promise. Love ya, mean it. Seriously, help a guy out would ya? Please don't make me beg.... bitches. :cool:

g

·
Registered
783 Posts
The Z-Gate is B&M's entry level shifter, and it has no removable or replaceable gate plate...no way to make it work correctly for use with a Reverse VB.

He'll have to buy a better shifter, or stay forward pattern on the valvebody.

·
Registered
815 Posts
You'd be doing them a favor by getting that piece of crap out of their car....
I'd recommend the Pro Ratchet, will work with forward OR reverse pattern

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I suspected it to be their entry level piece after the searches yesterday. I have recommended the ProRatchet and have installed therm in many cars over the years. I agree, it would be a good choice for this one.

Thanks again...

g

1 - 4 of 4 Posts